4&6RACING ROBBERS

Started by AM125IKE, June 05, 2002, 10:47:53 AM

KBOlsen

There are 3 sides to every story.

Popcorn, anyone?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Fabri-Tech

Quote Having no connection to this dispute nor either party, I can safely say that based on the manner with which 4&6 has been represented on this thread, I would not do business with them.  But it appears that's not really a concern of theirs...

Just a few worthless thoughts to pass the time.

Well, I kind of have to agree here.  From the things that this guy said about the customer, you can tell he doesn't care.  That alone was enough for me to make my decision, regardless of who was really right in this situation.  The fact that he would respond in the manner that he did shows just how unprofessional he is.  
Just my $.02 worth.  

BULLET 1300

4&6 LEARN TO RESPECT THE BIKES YOU WORK ON STOP JUST THROWING THEM TOGETHER LIKE U SAID THIS HOBBY IS A LOT OF MONEY AND THEY DONT NEED THERE BIKE BREAKING DOWN ON THEM OR CRAP FLYING ALLMOVER THE PLACE WHEN THERE DOING OVER 130 MPH!!! :P

dave333

AM125IKE,

I can't comment on your experience, because I wasn't there and didn't see your bike.  However, I can comment on my experience with 4&6.

I have been working with 4&6 for a year and a half, since I started racing and track days.  Jim and Ed have bent over backwards to accomodate me.  I needed a fairing mounted the week before Daytona, and even with his busy schedule, Jim got me in and did a great job.  I needed work done on a different bike, but Ed had a ton of work to do in the machine shop.  He still made time for my cylinder bore work and it was well done and cost just what they said it would.  Whenever I need dyno time with their EGA, they are more than willing to squeeze me in.  Several other folks I know have had work done by Jim and Ed and have gotten great results, timely service and value for their money.   4&6 is my shop of choice in the Chicago area.  Thanks Jim and Ed!

Dave Watson
SV650
CCS Am #357

One other note, I was riding to their shop earlier this year after using copious amounts of grip cement on my new grips.  I got there and the throttle was just about frozen.  Ed dropped what he was doing, helped me out for just about an hour and got my throttle moving again.  Charge for that?  Nada. Zip. Zero, Nothing.  Made my day, and now I don't use grip cement anymore... :D

am125ike

QuoteAM125IKE,

I can't comment on your experience, because I wasn't there and didn't see your bike.  However, I can comment on my experience with 4&6.

I have been working with 4&6 for a year and a half, since I started racing and track days.  Jim and Ed have bent over backwards to accomodate me.  I needed a fairing mounted the week before Daytona, and even with his busy schedule, Jim got me in and did a great job.  I needed work done on a different bike, but Ed had a ton of work to do in the machine shop.  He still made time for my cylinder bore work and it was well done and cost just what they said it would.  Whenever I need dyno time with their EGA, they are more than willing to squeeze me in.  Several other folks I know have had work done by Jim and Ed and have gotten great results, timely service and value for their money.   4&6 is my shop of choice in the Chicago area.  Thanks Jim and Ed!

Dave Watson
SV650
CCS Am #357

One other note, I was riding to their shop earlier this year after using copious amounts of grip cement on my new grips.  I got there and the throttle was just about frozen.  Ed dropped what he was doing, helped me out for just about an hour and got my throttle moving again.  Charge for that?  Nada. Zip. Zero, Nothing.  Made my day, and now I don't use grip cement anymore... :D
//

dave, maybe you indirectly commented on my experience, sounds like you're shock that ive been through (and am going through) the sittuation at hand.
    maybe you should comment straight-away on what you've read here, i for one, would like to know your opinion on how i started the subject, and how your friend commented, please tell me that you think that i "made up" the issue, and the part about how shawn told me that my rearset was broken when it came in, but jim ends up saying that it was cracked when he went to attach the ground lead, and how my windscreen was cracked, and im a stupid idiot for it , cuz the clip ons are causing it (even though it didnt get broken till 4&6 got it) (and since you didnt see it, let me tell you, there were small circular cracks on the windscreen, and they brok off a quarter of my windscreen, it doesnt match).... and comment on how shawn told me that they had to lean the bike waaaaay over to do the welds (which you should have read that a stranger (jeff) comment on as be "unacceptable") .... comment, dave, on what kind of customer courtesy you would like to receive when you leave your bike somewhere and your windscreen and rearset are broken off when you see it again (even if they were cracked) please comment......
  and dave,  i must say to you, that i am very happy for you and anyone else who can receive what they pay for from anyone, not just 4&6 racing,  
       ive always felt it to be a great blessing from God to have means to pay for what i want in life. preiod.  if you've read it all, i grew up on the dark side, ive got friends and ex-friends that get alot of illegal money, but me, i went to college, very much 'mostly' legal tax payer, i work daily, that's where my money comes from,..... 50, 60, 70k is nothing to sneeze at, but if you practice wasting it, tell me where you'll be???
  i was refered to 4&6, this was my first visit, and i just think that it's sad that i was told "you're gonna have to get another windscreen, because we broke it" ......... and no mention of my rearset being broken, not til i called back from the track, and then it was "oh, that, one of our guys, jim, in the back, noticed that it was broken when it came in"     >:(    and then on this very forum, the truth comes out " it was cracked already when i went to clamp the ground on"  ............come on dave, you read it, i doubt that every customer to 4&6 has a bad experience, but when a customer does, no one should be able to say "oh, this happened to you cuz you're stupid, uninformed, unintelligent, yada yada...
 and i realy wonder how many stupid idiots you were when you left the shop behind the grip thing    :-/
thanks for stickin up for your buds dave, but i'd like to hear (or read) about how you view this sittuation, even if you think im over reacting,   realy, i didnt start this subject to read about how many satisfied customers they got, but it's not an issue, it's done, im not going to civil court or the bbb..... just releasing steam >:(

ike

dave333

Quote...but i'd like to hear (or read) about how you view this sittuation...

ike

I know firsthand a public forum is not the best place to air dirty laundry.  In my experience, issues like this are best worked out through calm and cool discussions between the partys involved.  I know 4&6 has been reasonable and flexible with me and my friends, which would lead me to believe they would be the same with others...

am125ike

ftp://////URL

dave, im just not into kissin butt  :-X   >:( ...................
  i paid my money, thats easy enough to understand..........
4&6 knows first hand, what happened, not you nor i......... they were there!!!
    i think it's profesional courtesy to see your customers happy,
....and dont believe it, that i asked for a discount, ive never met these people, i DID NOT ask for a discount, at all..........
  maybe someone here can tell me how i should approach a company that doesnt offer me anything but "we broke it, get another."
 i asked him to go half with me ......  and i got no reason to lie about my rearset, i told them they broke it, and i get an "oh,yeah, we noticed that when it came in (that it was broke) (not cracked, and we had anything whatsoever to do with it being cracked when we got it, and IT also got broken here)
  so what im saying is that from the start, no ones taking blame, what does one do?? someone help me to know how to go about this, any one.........

they simply ducked fault. and what do i do? knowing that they know already, and they're fighting it right away, "one was cracked (not our fault we broke it) and the other was already broke when it got here (at least thats what i was first told).............that's a basic "you're on your own!!!"   at least it is to me, i dont know how to approach people like that, but to go to court (the safest) but that's not worth it to me, i got racing on the brain, and court would take up to much of my time, which is money also.....
.....but you've gotta love this mans comments, you've just gotta!!!

"The windscreen was cracked as whoever  is the idiot that put  the clip ons on doesn't know how to position them properly "
"The left rearset was cracked as i noticed that when i went to put the ground clamp on . "
"The fuel line was cracked when we removed it but that is from it being removed improperly several times before we even touched your  bike. "
"yes we did offer to split the cost of the windscreen which is more than we should of due to your stupidity as far as your bar mounting."
"If you don't want to do business with us thats fine "
"if you want to race it cost's money , i am not here to support your  hobby or fufill your fantasies about Troy Bayliss."
"Things cost what they cost , if you want it for free thats why it is a pile of crap when your done. "
"there is not a lot of loyalty only where can i save a penny."

bullet wish i had a 1300

??? u got knocked the  :o out this is better than tyson and lewis :P

amike125

http://sliderphoto.com/images/051802/images/dsc_6377.jpg

i  couldnt resist,....
ike

joe wrote:
After reading the post about the shitty service from 4&6 Racing I thought I'd
 post about my three customer service "run-ins" in the past week.  

After my last spill, http://www.geocities.com/flyinsquirrelf4/racereports/VIR_CYCLE_JAM.htm
I needed a few things.  It seemed someone out there really didn't want me to
   put my bike back together again, because I had three seperate companies
 screw up my order.  Jeff was the only one out of four total that didn't screw
up.  Thanks Jeff!!!
 The first was Traxxion Dynamics, which I ranted about last week on the CBR
  List.  After getting things sorted out, I would rate their CS pretty damn good. The conversation went something like, "We f'd up, whatever we can do to   make this right, just name it."  As inconvienceing as the original f'up was, I
 have to give the CS a 10 out of 10. Next up was M4.  I blame this on the moron who took my order.  After   repeatedly explaining to him that I did NOT need the band that goes around  the pipe, just the hanger bracket, guess what I received in the mail?  Yep, the band.  The CS service end took care of it and I'd give 'em an 7.   Last but not least was CFM/Woodcraft.  Somehow, my dumbass busted a clip-on in a way that, to quote Eric Wood, "Well, that's never happened before  in the entire time we've made clip-ons."  At least I'm the first at something!!!    So Eric cuts me a deal on a replacement and all is good.  Yeah, right!!     Putting the bike back together last night and I find out he sent me a 41mm   clipon instead of a 43mm.  Called them today and the shipping label was    printed before I got off the phone.  Definite 10.
  Joe

dave333

Quotedave, im just not into kissin butt...

I stated my experience and the experience of others I know who have had dealings with 4&6 and you say I'm kissing butt? >:(

Glad I could help you out...

am125ike

QuoteI stated my experience and the experience of others I know who have had dealings with 4&6 and you say I'm kissing butt? >:(

Glad I could help you out...

BTW, when people work things out through calm, cool discussions it is called being adult.  Just thought you needed that clarification...

MISUNDERSTANDING, dave,
i am not going to go talk to that guy, when he messed up my bike, he already knows what i am going to come and say to him (because he did it).....
so in essence, im going to have to either fight or kiss his butt, ...kinda beg him to see that he's got fault.........get it ???  
i said that I'M not into kissin butt, never said anything about you kissin his butt......... i have no problem with you having good experiences and writing about it, doesnt sound like he paid you or anything, ive got a couple of places that i'll back.....didnt say you were a butt kisser, and i am very mature, thnx ....
ok, all....im done :-X   :)

Ray Nicolich

Holy Sh!t, was that fun! I couldn't stop reading. I own a business also.I always have to give small freebies, and never, I mean never would I leave a message like that, duking it out with a customer. You should see some of the sh!t people try to pull on me.Very childish and bad form 4&6.That does not seem like a business that's customer oriented, at least not when they're called to the carpet. It's easy to be nice when every things going fine, even Sadam's easy to get on with when he's got a nice fat new cuban stuck between his lips( maybe he gets them from Clinton)Anyway, can you say anger management classes!