News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Track config at Hartland Park

Started by Eddie#200, June 10, 2003, 09:19:26 AM

Eddie#200

Any word on what the track config will be at Hartland?

Dawn

Here is the track map I found on line, but I don't know if it helps.

Dawn   :-/

Dawn

Eddie#200

QuoteThis site lists five configurations of the road course at HTP.

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/HeartlandPark.html#TrackMaps

Dawn   ;)

Yep, I know of the 5 configs... just wondering which one is going to be the officical one.  ;)

Thingy

My impression is that the configuration will be the one where you take the fast left-hand sweeper off the front straight.  You will then take the right-hander so that you go around the 'square' part on the lower right hand corner of the map.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Dawn

OK Bill.....

From this site, which one do you think it is?

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/HeartlandPark.html#TrackMaps

Inquiring minds want to know...

Dawn   ;)

Eddie#200

Dawn

tigerblade

QuoteMy impression is that the configuration will be the one where you take the fast left-hand sweeper off the front straight.  You will then take the right-hander so that you go around the 'square' part on the lower right hand corner of the map.

I sure hope so.  Though it was my first time ever on a track, I could never get T1 & T2 right in the configuration where T1 is the hard right at the end of the dragstrip.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

That's the 2 mile config...and I think that's what the CCS mailer said we'd use.  I like the full course more, but I don't think It's been ran since maybe 1995 or 1996 for bikes.
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteThat's the 2 mile config...and I think that's what the CCS mailer said we'd use.  I like the full course more, but I don't think It's been ran since maybe 1995 or 1996 for bikes.

I think your right SD because the 1st time I ran Heartland Park was in '97 and they were using the 2 mile configuration at that time. I also remember people commenting that year about the new configuration as compared to the old, like it was something that had recently changed.
     I would imagine that because it will be a FUSA weekend that there will be Airfence guarding that opposite wall of the dragstrip at the last turn. I realize the wall is a ways out there, but it still poses a danger in my opinion, Airfence sure would be a welcome sight there.
     Looking forward to returning to HP, I just hope that it doesn't rain at that event, the dragstip is scary as HELL in the rain (SLIPPERY)! (Hint: aim for the clear track between the 2 dragstrip lanes in the event of rain, it usually isn't nearly as slick there  :))
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

The drag strip is coated with VHT, which is great for traction in the warm, but it's like riding on snot if it rains at all.

The whole track was done in a polymere based asphalt back in 1989.  It was high tech then, and still is today.  Unfortunately, the stuff has funny traction early in the weekend, but it improves as it has contact with activity.  I don't understand why, but that's the way it is.  MAM is using a similar pavement, and it is not very durable.  
Super Dave