News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Calling all Juila Child's and Paul Prudomme's

Started by EmerWil, June 02, 2003, 11:50:30 AM

EmerWil

Just wanted to take a quick second and do some shameless promotion again for the Café and our staff.

The café crew loves seeing you guys eat!  We aren't happy unless everyone has cleaned their plates and gone back for seconds and we're always trying to do little things like label the coolers so you know exactly where everything is.  We're constantly making changes and improvements in the café to keep things running smoothly.  It's really hard to step back and look at the process when we're in the middle of it, so if you see something that could be done a little different or done a little bit better please don't hesitate to tell us!  It could be something we would never have thought of doing that might make perfect sense!

Also I am looking for a few people to step forward and take on the cooking.  I would like to issue it as a challenge. Do you think you are a good cook?  Would you like to try your hand at cooking and feeding the crew?  Well here's your chance!

Do you have a spouse or family member that's a really good cook and looking for a way to be part of the track weekend?  This is the perfect opportunity for someone to get a family member, or heck, even the whole family involved.  I have a complete SOP(Standard Operating Procedure) written up that takes you thru the process from start to finish.  

Are you intimidated at the idea of cooking for 40-50 people and having them count on you for their meals? Don't be.  I like to use the KISS principle.  Keep It Simple Stupid.  It doesn't have to be filet mignon with baby red potatoes and Baked Alaska for dinner, it just has to taste good.  

When we have 'guest cooks' I always offer my services.  Some people don't need it while others want me around 'just in case'.  I will not abandon you if you volunteer to cook.  I will be available to you in case there's a problem and will make sure I am at the track and able to get to you.  I will offer coaching and insight into cooking for larger groups.  There are always tricks and tips to help you along.

Some people have asked about how much it costs?  I tell that all money spent on food, drinks, whatever else you need to feed the crew will be reimbursed by the me in the form of a check at the end of the race weekend.  Just make sure you keep all the receipts!

So,  pass this email along to friends and family. Tell them that if they'ed ever wanted a chance to wow the masses, this is it. If you know someone that's always bragging about the grilling abilities and how good their food is, send them my way. Have them get in touch with me at foodcrew@marrc.org

smoke

What happened to "Never trust a skinny cook"

(LOL)  ;D

EmerWil

I am sure there are some skinny cooks out there..but it's always a good rule of thumb!!