News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Photos at Blackhawk

Started by SliderPhoto, June 02, 2003, 07:23:25 AM

Woofentino Pugrossi

Jack, dont worry. I've seen kids take better pictures with a disposable camera than I seen of his. Hell even better angles than he did. If he did that for *years* as the track announcer said, you would figure he'd know what angles work and what doesnt.

BTW can you still get a cd burned of the Road America pics from april?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteTom:

This was a different photographer (not Jack), I didn't catch his e-mail address or web site.  No let me correct that, I didn't even look to see if he had one.   :-/

Dawn   :)

I do know who the photographer with the board set up is, but I'm not gonna tell ya!  :P LOL I overheard him say that he does NOT have a web site, man he needs to get into this Millenium!
     He took a couple pictures of me at the Daytona Race of Champions in '98 (which were really good to be honest). He is expensive, doesn't seem to get that many pictures of each rider, and took a while to get my (2) 8x11 pictures to me back in '98. But in his defense they did turn out very well and he put "Race of Champions - Daytona 1998" at the bottom of the photos. I showed him the 'proof' I keep with me of one of his photo's (that he enlarged for me) and he told me he would still have the original and could print more if I wanted.
     Though I haven't bought any photo's from Jack yet, I am planning on doing so very soon. I like the number and variety of photo's that Jack takes per event, he delivers very good quality, a good variety of angles, and reasonable prices from what I have seen.
     I do think the 'in your face photo's' that the other guy puts out on the boards is a good idea for getting sales, but the laptop computer idea Jack suggested sounds cool too. It might be a good idea to have a variety of past photo's and posters displayed near the computer to show examples of your work and to grab the attention of those not already familiar with your work.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

SliderPhoto

Thanks guys. I'm sure the guy does a good job. I'm just looking for ways to make things easier or better. I do what I can.

Rob, of course you can get pics from RA. I have a backup of every pic I've taken. :) I have over a years worth of photos on the site right now that you can peruse and order. Past events aren't a problem and the RA photos are some of the best, I'm surprised I didn't sell more of them.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteThanks guys. I'm sure the guy does a good job. I'm just looking for ways to make things easier or better. I do what I can.

Rob, of course you can get pics from RA. I have a backup of every pic I've taken. :) I have over a years worth of photos on the site right now that you can peruse and order. Past events aren't a problem and the RA photos are some of the best, I'm surprised I didn't sell more of them.

Cool. I'll see ya at the next BHF.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Pit_Girl

it was cool that he got the pics up for you to look at at the track, but his stuff seemed pricey, and me and nate didnt like the fact that you could only get 8x10's or poster size pics (which seemed to be very pixel-y).  Although you can't get jack's stuff at the track, Jack has better quality and variety.

-jennifer

Super Dave

The guy that was there was "Euro-Tech".  He's done a lot of AHRMA and AMA stuff over the years.  A real long time.  

Jack, I don't think he was the guy that you contacted.  He just happened to stop by this way on his way to the AHRMA motorcross in Casey, IL.
Super Dave

SliderPhoto

QuoteJack, I don't think he was the guy that you contacted.  He just happened to stop by this way on his way to the AHRMA motorcross in Casey, IL.

No, I didn't contact him. I just found out from someone else that he'd be there. I was told he'd be there Thursday too, so I didn't come out. I guess he didn't show Thursday. :(

KBOlsen

Okay... so who was the heavyset guy with the super-duper camera I saw in Turn 4 on Sunday???
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Super Dave

I think that was him.  I've known him for about 14 years or so, I think.
Super Dave

the_weggie_man

Don't remember the guys name but Euro-Tech hails from down south somewhere and if he didn't sell this past weekend you probably won't see him back again.  This was just a "happened to be in the neighborhood" deal.