News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Photos at Blackhawk

Started by SliderPhoto, June 02, 2003, 07:23:25 AM

SliderPhoto

I found at last Wednesday that another photographer was going to cover Blackhawk this past weekend. That's good because I had NESBA at MAM this past weekend and couldn't make Blackhawk.

I'm not looking for a pat on the back or anything like that but would like to get your impressions on the way he did things and get ideas on how I might do things better.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'll be at Gateway 13-15th and back at Blackhawk July 17 for VRS and 19-20 for CCS.

Tom Fredricks

Hey Jack,  The one thing he did that i thought was pretty coolwas having pictures up on a board ready for viewing within 30 min. of almost every race and practice. He also made pics and posters at the track. Downside was his prices compared to yours.
T & J racing

SliderPhoto

What do you mean "up on a board." Did he have print outs to look at or could you come by and look on a computer?

Dawn

I noticed where you get several shots of each rider, he only got one per race.  Plus, they all looked the same (same angle, same corner).

It was fun looking at the pictures at the track, but I would gladly sacrafice that to be able to have different shots avalable to me.

Dawn   ;)

Dawn

QuoteWhat do you mean "up on a board." Did he have print outs to look at or could you come by and look on a computer?

He printed them out on a 8 X 11 sheet of paper with 2 x 3 inch pictures on them.

Dawn  

SliderPhoto

QuoteHe printed them out on a 8 X 11 sheet of paper with 2 x 3 inch pictures on them.

Dawn  

Ah, I see. That is the crux, I take too many pictures. :) We do sort at the track now, with Kim, my brother, and other helpers. So you are welcome to stop by the trailer and check out your pics the day of the event.

I have printed at the track before and I do burn CDs there. I'm thinking I'll try and setup a separate laptop anyone can use to stop by and check the photos from the day or past events.

tshort

Are they posted somewhere online?  Can we look at the pix from Saturday?
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Dawn

QuoteAre they posted somewhere online?  Can we look at the pix from Saturday?

Tom:

This was a different photographer (not Jack), I didn't catch his e-mail address or web site.  No let me correct that, I didn't even look to see if he had one.   :-/

Dawn   :)

KBOlsen

He was selling single digital images for $20 EACH! :o

Plus, he only took one or two shots of each rider.  Period.  For example, he got me a few times in the GTO on Saturday, but he hardly took any pictures of ANYBODY in the SuperTwins race, and none at all in HWSS or any of the "later" races on Sunday.

There was another guy walking around with a very long lens... but I don't think he was affiliated with the "other" guy.

Bottom line... JACK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

jgf

well lets see Jack, my first race and the guy didnt even take any pictures of that race, ??? you have nothing to worry about! ;) ;D

stumpy

hey Kim that was me walking around with the "Big Lense" But I wasn't taking any pics with it ::)

I couldn't resist! ;D
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?