Zoinks! Crashing sucks

Started by TZDeSioux, June 02, 2003, 06:53:38 AM

TZDeSioux

Like I crashed on Saturday and like it hurt real bad.

TZDeSioux

Kim and Scary John.. thanks for your help!  :)

MightyDuc Racing

Sorry kwak...hope you didn't get too injured or tear up that beautiful new bike too badly. :(
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

TZDeSioux

The bike crashed surprising well considering that I went over the bars. 1 bent left clip on, 1 bent clutch lever, 1 broken left foot peg, 1 crushed left silencer/bent expansion chamber, 1 broken fairing mount, rashed bodywork and 1 destroyed helmet. My leathers held up better than I thought. Always thought the AXO leathers were garbage but I guess they're not too bad.

The crash was my fault. Normally, I have a lot of patience and make passes when the situation is right but for some damn reason this time, I tried to squeeze the bike past a slower rider in the bus stop and I ran out of room and we made contact and over the bars I went. I'm just glad that the other rider didn't go down as well.

The good part of the weekend is that I got into the teens. 1:19.44 from my previous best from last year of 1:22.65. It's most likely the new surface of the track but I like to think that the 15lbs that I gained gave me more traction  ;D.

In the LWGP race.. I had the worlds crappiest start from the 9th row and probably went into turn 1 somewhere in 25th position. Made my way around a few pack of riders and caught some stragglers here and there when at the exit of 6 my rear wheel stepped and and through me up off my seat. I landed on the inside peg so hard that I broke the darn thing off which left my rear brake lever dangling and no place to put my right foot but I managed to finish the race and hold onto my position. I thought that maybe that I finish somewhere in 10th but it so turned out that I finished 5th. So that wasn't too bad considering the circumstances.  :)

tigerblade

Take two Scooby Snacks and call me in the morning.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tshort

Youch.  Sounds like a nasty getoff (ask me how I know :-/).  Glad to hear you're ok.  Sounds like the same set of stuff as my bike, only on the other side.  Going over the bars is highly overrated, imho.  If you don't need to try it, I'd recommend avoiding it. ;D
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

sdiver68

Glad to hear you are relatively OK  ;D

How long do those parts take to get from Japan?  :o
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

Tom... glad that you made it through okay too. Crashing is indeed no fun especially when it envolves getting airborne. I'm done with this crashing business for sure.

Steve... luckily I have most of the spares. I just need a new silencer which is readily available.  :)

Kris.. I bet if you put on thick horned rimmed glasses... you could look just like Velma.  ;)

Dawn

QuoteKris.. I bet if you put on thick horned rimmed glasses... you could look just like Velma.  ;)

LOL!!!!

Brian, I'm glad you are OK.

Dawn   ;)

Chef

>:( MAN !!!  >:(
where do these spoiled as kids come from ?? !!  BRAND new mikey fikkin bike, FROM the MAKER, throwin it all around like (who gives 2 shakes of a stick?)
scratchin it all up! comin on here so we can rub the wounds that he cant lick! ???
what gives ? you know (i gotta let the cat out the bag)  prolly bad carma from you not payin up on dat ice cold case uh coronas ... mmmmmm beer...

nope, .... i think youre back in the clique now.... not like last year...

" OOOH, FELLA'S... CONGRATS TO ME ! NO FALLY POOH'S ALLLLLL YEAR ... "   (you know the smirk face, and pitch dat goes w/that)  ;)

HEY,
You said it hurt... just pride? or what ?

XXXVV
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

tigerblade

QuoteKris.. I bet if you put on thick horned rimmed glasses... you could look just like Velma.  ;)

This sweater is itchy...   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

TZDeSioux

Chef... my pride is fine.... my body hurts like a mofo. Can't move my neck from side to side and can't hold my bigass head up in the car unless I lean up against the headrest. My knees are black and blue and I can't walk properly. Other than that.. I feel fine :) Mentally.. I'm fine. Happy to get the first crash out of the way.  :)

TZDeSioux

QuoteThis sweater is itchy...   :-/

Bet your lower extremities are a bit cold from the breeze coming up under that miniskirt too eh? I do dig the knee high socks though  ;D

TZDeSioux

QuoteLOL!!!!

Brian, I'm glad you are OK.

Dawn   ;)

thanks Dawn! Congratulations to Paul on a spectacular weekend! :)

tigerblade

Are you getting fresh with me?
Younger Oil Racing

TZDeSioux

QuoteAre you getting fresh with me?

nah... I'm not into dorky girls.  :)

tigerblade

Good thing I'm used to rejection.
Younger Oil Racing