News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

More on cheating...

Started by sdiver68, June 02, 2003, 06:29:50 AM

sdiver68

It seems the obvious has been discovered:

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=6258

I for one hope they keep tearing down 5-10 bikes per race.

Now where can I get one of those reduced rate oil pressure relief valves?  :D
MCRA Race School Instructor

Jeff

http://www.cbr600f4.com/secondary_pages/scottsfilter.htm

:-)

no flow restriction there...  I'm told that it can and does make a minimal difference on the dyno (yet I have not proven it to this point)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super_KC124

I love the way Greg White finished his report talking about how the teams had got caught cheating, with the guy from team Honda standing right behind him. The guy looked like he wanted to punch GW in the back of the head. ;D

MELK-MAN

QuoteI love the way Greg White finished his report talking about how the teams had got caught cheating, with the guy from team Honda standing right behind him. The guy looked like he wanted to punch GW in the back of the head. ;D

Yea, that was the guy from Erion racing.. he looked a little dumbfounded. And it all resulted from 1 little part that was changed post production..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Super_KC124

After he explained to GW what had happened, I think the term "cheating" didn't seem to fit. Just sounded like a harsh thing to say right in front of the guy. D@mn cheater. ;D

MightyDuc Racing

I think it's funny when the factories get caught...and we wonder why the factory SS spec bikes blow by privateers on the straights...lol.  $2000 fine is a funny fine though, seeing as how they have a mega $$$ budget.  $2000 to win on Sunday and sell buku bikes on Monday sounds like a good trade off to me.  We know they cheat, they know they cheat, it's just how it is.  Sometimes they get caught and sometimes they don't.  Just my .02.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

sdiver68

QuoteAnd it all resulted from 1 little part that was changed post production..

Yea, and I have a bridge to sell, Brooklyn to Manhattan, you interested?  ;D
MCRA Race School Instructor

motomadness

I think it's interesting when two different factory get caught with the same violation, but only one of the bike is new for 2003.  

Was is really a post/pre production issue?

And why were the Honda riders moved to the back and the Suzuki rider only got a post fine/penalty?

Super Dave

Quotehttp://www.cbr600f4.com/secondary_pages/scottsfilter.htm

:-)

no flow restriction there...  I'm told that it can and does make a minimal difference on the dyno (yet I have not proven it to this point)

Jeff, you're missing the point...

What the factories were doing, and it is a common practice...

Basically, your bike and my bike make let's say 60PSI of oil pressure at so many rpm's.  That requires power to do.  The factories have the ability to lower the blow off pressure, so their bikes only make 30PSI of oil pressure at the same RPM's.  There is plenty of volume, so the lower pressure is ok.  That's where the power gain is.

Regardless, the factory riders are stellar.  It ain't just the bike.  
Super Dave

TreyBone

Who likes Greg White anyway?  He is a freaking DORK!! :P  What's up with the new format on 2wheel tuesday, and Greg's garage?  That has got to be the most gay thing I have every seen. I say dump GW and let the big boobed bimbo's host the show. ;D