News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wow!  What a weekend....

Started by EX#996, June 01, 2003, 08:27:15 PM

EX#996

Friday - Practice day - It rained most of the morning, but then cleared up and got warm and sunny.  Thank you to the corner workers who worked through their lunch for out benefit so that we could have the optimum of dry track time.

Friday evening......  Well, Paul, Renee, Sue (Paul's mom) the dog and myself hid out in the women's shower while the storm passed over us and the funnel cloud passed just to the south of us.  By 7:00 p.m., the storm was passed and we had lake Blackhawk in the parking lot.  Fortunately it drained by morning.

Saturday  Computer problems delayed the start of the racing action, but for us, all went well and Paul took a 4th in Thunderbike.

Sunday  Nice warm sunny day....  What a pleasent suprise for once!  Race number 7, Lightweight Superbike EX & AM, 19 on the grid for Amatuers only.  The green flag drops and there is just a mass of bikes into turn one.  All make it through OK.  The bikes come around for the first lap - OH MY GOODNESS, Paul is in 1st!!!!!   Paul won that race never loosing the lead!  Whoo Hooo!  Perhaps that man can win a race in the dry.  Oh yeah, I guess he did!

Race number 14, Lightweight Super Sport EX & AM.  16 on the grid for Amatuers.  The green flag drops and there is just a mass of bikes into turn one.  All make it through OK.  The bikes come around for the first lap - OH MY GOODNESS, Paul is in 1st!!!!!   The second lap Paul and Brenden Hafener (AM #173) are in a drag race through some slower experts into turn one (I'm biting my nails at this point).  However when it's all said and done.  Paul took 2nd.

Best of all, he kept it on two wheels the entire time and Paul accomplished his goal of hitting 1:20 at BHF.  

Thank you, to the following.....

Dave Rosnow for your help, guidance, and Power Mist.
Tom Mason for your tips and advice on tires.
And to all the following for their encouragment....
Kim Berg-Olson
Chris Onwiler
Craig Schock
Ike Anderson
Red Anderson
Bob Wagner
Joe (the other Hussler)
Billy Casper
Ken Schafer
Stumpy
Alexa (Spyder Leatherworks)
Tony (DiDiMao Racing, now DDM Marketing)
Jeff (another AM SV rider)
Scott (another AM SV rider, heal up soon)

Thanks to all the corner workers, the Midwest staff, and to all those who make our race dates enjoyable.

Dawn   ;D ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Nice job.  You've done well.  

R O S N O...  You'll get it right in the edit....LOL ;D
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Schmokin!!!!!!!!!  That big ole farm boy can ride!

Hey Dave?  She spelled MY name correctly! :D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

MightyDuc Racing

That's great!  Tell him congrats for me. :D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Dawn

Oops sorry Dave.    :( :-/ ;)

Thanks to Dave Rosno

Dawn   ;D

spyderchick

Very cool,  ;D 8) sorry I couldn't stay to watch everyone race. See you all at the next BHFs. :D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

StumpysWife

Good job Paul!!!!!  That's awesome!  

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tshort

Way to go, Paul!!!!!  Great showing.  Sorry I missed out in all the fun. :-/

Powermist, eh??  Hmmm...may have to get me some o' dat. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Dawn

QuotePowermist, eh??  Hmmm...may have to get me some o' dat. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom:

I heard that two-year old pump gas with a little oil mixed in is supposed to work pretty good.  Perhaps you could try that and let us know.   :o ;) ;D

Dawn  

KBOlsen

PAUL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

tshort

QuoteTom:

I heard that two-year old pump gas with a little oil mixed in is supposed to work pretty good.  Perhaps you could try that and let us know.   :o ;) ;D

Dawn  

SHHHHHHHH... who told you about that?  That was sposed to be a secret.  OK, so now you know...guess I'm gonna have to find *another* two seconds out there... :D
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Chef

Yeah !!!
 He's got that look in his eye now !!! (you know the one?) (i hope no one protest's my motor  ;D ;D ;D ;D)  

thats what it's all about, no? making faster lap times, getting past people, or getting a good launch and holding em off !

Great work Paul ! Congrats !!!  (hope you saved me some scham-pag-knee  :D

Thanks Dawn, Glad to make the list (and you guys are more than welcome)
you know it goes around and comes around (we're just recycling it around again) (thats mostly why we have as much fun on race weekends (even when we get spanked like whats been happening to me for a few weeks now) it's because we get to lean on each other when we need to)
so Thank you and Paul... and Renee and Marty! .. ooh, and lil mama Sue  ;D

Chef XXXX
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Super_KC124

Paul accomplished his goal of hitting 1:20 at BHF.  

:o :o  "YPS" ::)

Dawn

Quote:o :o  "YPS" ::)

No... It's just just trying to keep up with that # 40 and # 128 ya' know.

Dawn   ;)

Super_KC124

QuoteNo... It's just just trying to keep up with that # 40 and # 128 ya' know.

Dawn   ;)
You mean the other "YPS's" :P

tshort

QuoteYou mean the other "YPS's" :P

YPS ???
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Super_KC124

Dawn

QuoteYPS ???

Yellow Plated Sandbagger.....

Kevin is just trying to get some sympathy here, but as you can see, it's not working.

Dawn   ;D

Super_KC124

I get no respect. :'( :'( I just wish I could live up to the title. :P

roadracer797

Kevin
Who else do you know that not only won one championship last year but two and is still an amatuer? Boy what a YPS.
Craig

Super_KC124

QuoteKevin
Who else do you know that not only won one championship last year but two and is still an amatuer? Boy what a YPS.
Craig
Hey, you smoked me at Blackhawk. What does that make you? :P ;D

roadracer797

Better then you at Blackhawk thats all. ;D