News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Track announcer at Blackhawk

Started by mj, June 01, 2003, 05:15:25 PM

mj

While at Blackhawk on Saturday I heard many "comments" about the track announcer's incessant chatter throughout the day.

What do you think ?  ???

Xian_13

I say keep things up... or turn it up!

While you hear incessant chatter, to the spectators its entertainment. Yeah I understand from the guys racing, its babble.
You can just do what I do, turn it out... and just try to listen for the calls ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

skara

i have to agree with xian 163  i had some friends there today for their first experience at the track and they seemed to enjoy the announcer while we hear him all the time and it gets old at least some noise to keep spectators entertained just my .02 cents by the way the board will never let me vote so mine always gets errored out????? i would have voted to keep it the same

r6_philly

family and friends (not racers) really like the detailed calling of the race, especially at a track where you can't see the entire racing surface. I think its a great thing for the spectators, and I wish they do more of that, so most spectators who only stand at one corner can get the update on the action throughout the track.

It would be nice like at Daytona, spectator based announcer out in the in field, and competetor calls only in the garage area.

EX#996

I agree with the others.  Grif keeps everyone entertained throughout the race day, especially for the spectators.

My $.02

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Gixxer124

I like the interviews with the race winners. It's one of the few times a club racer gets this experience and it's a good chance to acknowledge our sponsors. One of these days....... :)

clutch

Off the topic, but the Summit announcer is a pretty funny guy...enjoy listening to his comments..  :)

K3 Chris Onwiler

I'm an old school Steve Hopkins guy, but if anyone thinks they can do a better job than Grif, step up.  I think he's OK.  Corny, but OK.  At least he obviously loves his job. ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

r6_philly

QuoteOff the topic, but the Summit announcer is a pretty funny guy...enjoy listening to his comments..  :)

That would be Art Staples. Art is a great guy, and does a great job on the PA system (even though I busted on ya last year ;) )

Although I wish he would stop saying Hector this and Hector that and mention my name a few times more hehe  :P ;D

KBOlsen

He's okay... I think he just needs to get to know us Midwesterners a little better.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

tshort

I think he's a riot - and as someone above said, it is entertainment for the spectators.  I think he's great.  Tell you what - if you think you could do it better, offer to give it a shot for a race - it ain't easy, and he's working hard to do it.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Pierre - Team PMR

I like the fact that he talks throughout the day...Keep me entertained (and the spectators too)...He does a good job.  Dont change a thing.....Oh wait...How about turning up the volume on the PA system so we can hear the calls a little better...other than that, keep it the same
Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280

dwilson

Art is a riot.  Every time I've been to Summit, he's made me laugh.  Last weekend on Sunday we woke up to the opening song in 2010 Space Oddysey.

He also went over the Blue Flag that day, he said "if you see this flag do nothing different, just be prepared to get your doors blown off".

lil_thorny

Eddie#200

QuoteI'm an old school Steve Hopkins guy, but if anyone thinks they can do a better job than Grif, step up.  I think he's OK.  Corny, but OK.  At least he obviously loves his job. ;D

I'm with K3 on this one ...he's corny but doing a good job.

I think he should be clearer giving the calls to grid though.  Like put a few second break between the chatter and grid calls.

Chef

Ike Likes Griff !!!

just get a few more "podiums".... he's easier to relate to  ;D

i did get a lil pissed with his 'turn coat' arse when he failed to mention how great a race IIIII had even tho i didnt make the podium....
second thought, lets get rid of him !!!  
                                                 joking.....    :D

fowty
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.