Crashing still sucks...

Started by tshort, June 01, 2003, 04:35:10 PM

tshort

QuoteHi Tom, I'm so glad you came through fine after that get-off.  It was scary for us, that's for sure.  Your wife is one cool cucumber!!!  Good grief.  I hope that I can learn from her example if I ever (God forbid) have to be in the same situation.  Hope you had fun at those weird 4 wheel type races!  

See ya at RA!!

Thanks. Yeah, she said you guys were freaking pretty good, and wondering how she could keep so cool.  She said to me last night she knew that if I was really messed up, she'd have to keep it together enough to get us packed up, and do whatever had to be done next, so she tried to keep cool about it.  It all hit her that night, after we got home, and she was out with her friend talking about it.  She's a rock

The four wheel races  - froze our butts off - in June!  Would much rather be racing on two wheels, for sure.

See you at RA - T7 BBQ on Saturday - come on by!
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Chef

QuoteNicely done, Ikey.  Second place doesn't suck, tho, and I'm not complaining.

GT Lights - well, it turned out Brendan and I would do battle for the lead of that race (in the Am's, that is), and we swapped the lead a couple times trying to figure out who had the line and the rest of it to stay in front.  I was tired, tho, and should have probably stayed with my B-game, rather than the A-game needed to keep the lead.  Mistake.

Team Stumpy, Casper, Ike, Kim/John, Dawn/Paul - Thank You!!  Nice to have your support out there.  

"I'll be back."  :D

Oh well.  Add another lesson to the list.

Thanks for being ok! Tom !
and hey, you let up just in time for me to catch you in T-bikes... guess i should thank that expert  ;)  
you guys had a great battle in the gt race, and all i could think (since you were leadin ) was what we'd just talked about.. you lettin up the race prior.....

fixation,..... K3 had a similar story this weekend  :D ..... something about that new air fence...  but i wont say...
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

KeelerDucati03

Tommie - forgot to mention - I just picked up a new Haulmark Lowhauler double axel trailer so if you ever need to borrow it let me know - its got The Edge package on it, rear brakes... I'm pro fitting the inside for tool chests and tires but probably wont have that potion done until late July or August - the inside rocks though - all the "D" rings are in place, etc...
I just need to get my butt over and get my race LIC so I can watch you guys out on the track instead from the stands :)

tshort

QuoteTommie - forgot to mention - I just picked up a new Haulmark Lowhauler double axel trailer so if you ever need to borrow it let me know - its got The Edge package on it, rear brakes... I'm pro fitting the inside for tool chests and tires but probably wont have that potion done until late July or August - the inside rocks though - all the "D" rings are in place, etc...
I just need to get my ass over and get my race LIC so I can watch you guys out on the track instead from the stands :)

Wow - that sounds pretty cool, Dave - way to go.  Thanks for the offer - will definitely keep that in mind.  I've got a single axle now, that I bought new this season for same thing - sounds like yours is set up really nicely.  Now you gotta get that racebike together, and the license going

Oh - and what's wit dis "watch" stuff??  If you're out on the track, you're not gonna be watchin' us - you're gonna be racin', man.  Get down wit dat. 8)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

KeelerDucati03

nah - I'll hang back and watch you and chef go at it and admire the pounding you two give each other lol and than when you least expect it I'll pounce you both scraping armour (j/k)....
I just wanna race and learn... I got a line on the Sharkskinz and I think TJ will help me get the 748 ready when its time to convert it "full time" to the track. 99% sure I've got some $$$ backing lined up outside of my wallet so I can off set some of the costs mainly with tread and parts... this year will have to be soley track days unless I can squeeze in late in the year... I need to line up another Duc for the street unless I can get my hands on a 750 SS or some other bike earlier..... in fact I have a line on a 1993 900 SS CS that could be perfect for this but its very early in the process so who knows

Pierre - Team PMR

Tom, Glad your ok...you gave us quiet a scare...mostly when you got loaded up on the streacher...  Hopefully next race weekend will be better...but who can complain with a 2nd place.  Good job!
Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280