MARRC and Summit Point

Started by FoodCrewMARRC, May 29, 2002, 08:16:16 PM

FoodCrewMARRC

First off thanks to Shawn for creating this new forum.

I thought it would be a great place for corner workers and safety crew to share ideas and stories.  I have been with MARRC for 3 years now and I have to say MARRC is more of a family than a club.  Any time volunteers come together it's because they want to be there.

For those that don't know our website is www.marrc.org and it contains lots of info about being a corner worker and other ways to volunteer.

My role this year has changed from being a corner captain to being the cook and chief bottle washer for the club. I make sure that the 30-40 workers get lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday. The way I see it I need to make sure the workers are well fed and well hydrated.

so..with that said.. I am glad we have a new place to talk and of course racers are welcome to comment here too because without them we would be awful bored. :)

FoodCrewMARRC

For anyone that is interested MARRC provides corner worker training every race weekend on Saturday morning.

Some of the benefits of being a MARRC corner worker are: free admision to the track, you get fed three meals over the course of the weekend, you get a formal classroom training(we don't just throw you on a turn and hand you a flag) and the more days you work the more clothes, hats and other items you get.  You also earn your MARRC membership by being a corner worker and after you are a MARRC member you get a discount on the MARRC road racing school.  

We try to suggest that all racers come out, take the class  and work at least one day(if not a weekend).  Seeing the race from the turns instead of on the bike gives them a totally different view of racing, the track, and the role of the corner worker. Especially for the newer riders, this can also give them a view of race lines.

Will

Simon

Excellent! Our own place to talk about corner working etc.
I had the dubious honor of working in turn 1 at Summit on Friday and Saturday and then crashing in the same turn on Sunday! I must admit it was kinda cool to get picked up by people you know, even though it was painful. Kudos to AGV for protecting my hide.
Simon
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

FullMoonRacing

Quote...and then crashing in the same turn on Sunday! ...
Simon

...AND it was so gracious of you to allow me to get bumped up a position in the standings upon your exit!!   ;D ;D

Steve/242

FoodCrewMARRC

see...even when the corner workers race, we still help people out...

;D

Saluki

A forum for cornerworkers!!!!

Pass the link on to all cornerworkers.

:)

Dan_Lance

Jeannie

Thanks for taking the initiative Will.  /jeannie