Gridding / 1 minute board

Started by xlr8tn2, May 29, 2002, 04:54:55 PM

xlr8tn2

I recently received a flag for a jumped start and now trying to understand what I actually did wrong so it doesn't happen again.  I don't believe that I actually went before seeing green.  All I can think is that sometimes when I roll to a stop, my bike is difficult to get into 1st gear and I have to rock it back and forth to get it in gear.  At the rider's meeting, they state to put in gear when the 1 minute board is shown, but if they are going to call an infraction, what else is there to do?  I understand it takes two people to notice a jump, but how can they be watching the flag and us at the same time???

Super Dave

I believe that you cannot move from your position from the "2" board on.  Wasn't there, so that is all I can say.
Super Dave

TreyBone

As soon as  you come up to grid and stop at your position.. DONT MOVE. I usually stay in first gear rolling up to my grid position and stop. Then don't move till the green flag drops. Sometimes you got to be carefull because when the board starts going sideways, you start leaning forward and somtimes that will cause the bike to roll a little.

My 2 cents