Fork oil leaked onto tire

Started by 1fastmofo, May 28, 2003, 05:24:34 AM

1fastmofo

Guys,

I went to take my bike out of the trailer the other day and noticed the front tire was sitting in a puddle of fork oil. I guess the seal let go and leaked all over. Do I have to replace the tire?

Also, where can I find a fork rebuild kit for a 91' F2?

Thanks!

MightyDuc Racing

I know I lucked out and found a place here that had some of the older model fork seals.  Southwest Cycle...239-573-8800.  Good luck and I hope this helps! :)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

Oh yeah...not sure about the tire, but I am assuming it'll be fine once you put a few laps on it, but it's your butt that has to ride the bike, so you decide. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

clutch

use lots of water to clean it off..rub some dirt on it to help absorb it and I have heard that some guys use brake cleaner on a rag and wipe the tire down before they use a new set.  They say it helps get rid of that silica or whatever its called.  

Nate R

Dawn, the dish soap. is a degreaser. I would wash the tire in soap and water solution, and maybe spray a light coat of brake cleaner.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

craigincali

I ride with fork oil, pre mix, brake fluid, wd40, you name it on my tire and it doesnt matter.  Put two or three "warm up" laps on it and you will be fine.
Craig

unforgivenracing

Got a bar of lova soap and a scrubby brush?  That will get the tire clean.  Then wash it down with some earth friendly degreaser.
QuoteDawn, the dish soap. is a degreaser. I would wash the tire in soap and water solution, and maybe spray a light coat of brake cleaner.
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn