News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Dafan's Condition??

Started by Peanut, May 27, 2003, 08:38:43 AM

EmerWil

Dafan,

I sent you an email offline, sorry about misspelling your name. :-[

Hopefully you are a current MARRC member so I can submit a request to have you get a disbursement from the IMF.  

Hopefully everything will heal and you'll be back to the track in no time.

For the rest of ya'll...If you ever do crash, God forbid, and get injured one of the requirements to get a disbursement from the IMF is that you must have a MARRC membership and be in good standing.  If you need to renew your membership you can stop by our web site at http://marrc.org or next time you are at the track stop by the Info Booth located next to the winners circle and they'll get you taken care of!

TrophyGal

Dafan - We were worried about you so it's good to hear a report.

A rider (#280 I think) came in with his arm in a sling and filled out an incident report.  His rear tire blew and as he was sliding across the track he saw his bike hit yours.  So, it really was an ACCIDENT.  He was really concerned about you.  If I'm not mistaken, he dislocated his shoulder.

r6_philly

QuoteDafan - We were worried about you so it's good to hear a report.

A rider (#280 I think) came in with his arm in a sling and filled out an incident report.  His rear tire blew and as he was sliding across the track he saw his bike hit yours.  So, it really was an ACCIDENT.  He was really concerned about you.  If I'm not mistaken, he dislocated his shoulder.

He contacted me directly. I was really upset after I woke up because everyone keep saying that I got hit, and you know you can't help but blame someone when you are hurting. I am really glad that he is ok, more injuries is what we don't need. It also sucks that I was hurt more. I really wish that we just fell off, got back up and went home and wait for the next race. But it sucks that my chance for a championship is over this year. I felt particularly bad because I made a lot of sarifices and efforts, planned to go to all the races, worked really hard to be up in the points, all for a little trophy at the end of the year. Now to see it all slip away.

I believe it was just an accident, as a matter of fact that I wish it was just an accident, we don't need anymore bad karma in this world. But what I said about AM racing I still stand behind, it was a bit ridiculous what we go through every weekend. I wish everyone would take the effor and improve their racing and safe control of their bikes. Lets not crash and lets go faster without being less safe.

Thanks for the well wishes. it really warms my heart, to know that so many people knew me and felt my pain, thank  you all.

clemmr211

Well then the flat tire definitly helps explain how fast it happened and how freaky it all looked, one second he was on your inside, the next you were in the air and he was sliding in the grass.  I'm happy to hear it was an accident and not the result of "pushing".  Take care Dafan and I hope to see your hair flying by be in the future...  and who knows, maybe I'll even be able to make it to turn 5 before you pass me ;)
Ryan

r6_philly

QuoteWell then the flat tire definitly helps explain how fast it happened and how freaky it all looked, one second he was on your inside, the next you were in the air and he was sliding in the grass.  I'm happy to hear it was an accident and not the result of "pushing".  Take care Dafan and I hope to see your hair flying by be in the future...  and who knows, maybe I'll even be able to make it to turn 5 before you pass me ;)
Ryan

Ryan, don't discount yourself, you weredoing great this weekend. If you kept up your entry speed and corner speed, you would be right there, with that great start of yours, you will be right in the mix. you maybe on the podium in no time, just keep entering the sportbike race, you will get better soon. Next time I may have to "stuff" you or get you at the line  ;D

I am not really concerned anymore about how it happened. It was just scary not to know what happened, after people told you that you went head first into a tirewall and were knocked out for 10 minutes. I was really glad to hear the other riders sportsmanship, I will heal and we will all be happy agian  :)

clemmr211

QuoteNext time I may have to "stuff" you or get you at the line  ;D

Well then heal up fast and lets make it happen ;)

Be sure to keep us updated on your progress..

racer387

Dafan,
          I'm real sorry to hear about the incident.  I wasn't in that race and I was leaving when it happened and didn't know who was involved.  I'm glad to hear that you're doing reasonably well considering.  I am the one on the great bright orange bike that you usually passed somwhere in the race. I enjoy racing against and behind you.  Once I get past the fact that you passed me, I concentrate on trying to learn from your lines.  I 'll miss seeing you out there the rest of this year and look forward to seeing you next year in the expert class.  I agree totally that the races are getting too scary at times and I wish we could find a solution, but once the flag drops I think a lot of ego replaces our brain cells.  In fact,  I found myself in a position this past weekend with some bike problems, which caused me to back off.  Sometimes you have to do it  for the good of your own safety and for the good of the others you race against.  I just wish everyone would see it that way.  Best of luck and keep us updated on your progress.      Rich

r6_philly

hey rich, funny you mentioned that cuz I spent most of the weekend wonder who was on that loud colored bike  :D everytime I look around its 387 :) I got spoiled by starting up front the first few weekends. This weekend I didn't sign up early, and the second wave starts brought me racing against a few of you that I didn't see at VIR. It was fun racing with a lot of you, and more challenges for me to get ahead safely.

Hey next time I pass you I am going to do horrible lines so you can't learn from me  ;D ;)

Thanks, I will try to recover soon, and get back out there. EX or not, we will race another day together.

motodirty

???Holy crap I'm glad your ok, so you trying to catch up with my injuries or what? Just kidding.  So what do ya think, you gonna get some hardware put in ya.  Ya know like robocop.  Surgery on a broken bone is usually better than them trying to set the freakin thing.  I know all too well of how much that shxt hurts.  So when do you want to go get some beer and look at the naked ladies?  My treat when you get back on two feet.  Don't feel bad about racing either cause I haven't been racing in a while too.  Still need a motor.  Oh yeah go Expert you'll have more fun.  The amatuers think they are Nicky Hayden or Colin Edwards out there on the track.  No one in the expert class is trying that freakin hard, and a lot of the experts are slower than you think.  But they know where to ride and how to keep there line.  So give me a ring if your board and try not to think about your crash it happens to everyone sooner or later.

r6_philly

hey bryan, hopefully I would be able to get back on the bike when u get your bike togetgher. maybe we will race toegehter huh. I am hoping for a ultra speedy recovery. Wifey not agree but I wanna race again really badly, soon too  ;D

Today was better than the past days, once the muscle soreness from getting banged up from the crash went away, I have surprisingly less pain. still can't walk, but it felt a lot better. A lot less dizziness and headache too. I guess I am on the slow road to recovery.

Hopefully I can be back on my feet in a couple weeks.

xlr8tn

Dafan,
Glad to hear you are back home and on the road to recovery.  I think every one of my buddies had some sort of incident this weekend, myself included, but yours definitely takes the cake.  We hope to see you out there soon.

-brent

r6_philly

QuoteDafan,
Glad to hear you are back home and on the road to recovery.  I think every one of my buddies had some sort of incident this weekend, myself included, but yours definitely takes the cake.  We hope to see you out there soon.

-brent

hey what happened to you? are you ok? I dont remember seeing you in the later races.