Livengood Update...Please Read!!!

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 24, 2003, 04:57:39 AM

james-redsv

OK, so let the AMA do anything it dame well pleases. Put some safety barriers here but not on that other wall even though someone already ran into it. Let a few racers get killed or perilized its OK its only racing and the racers know the risk. If some Pro racers refuse to race they could lose their factory ride ;D Cool let me sign up now.  :P The point to all this is if reasonable safety equipment is avalible, that means air fence, then they should use it where a racer could hit a wall. If the AMA chooses not to protect an exposed wall they are leaving themselfs open to a neglagence lawsuit. If a lawsuit or two forces them to protect an exposed wall that they wont do on their own, wouldnt that be a good thing???? ???

james-redsv

Quote If a person willingly volunteers to work a track or race, it's not the AMA that is at fault if something happens.

Now lets talk tires...
Its the AMA fault for not properly training her and that is what a judge finally said or the AMA would have never helped with her med bills.

Eddie#200

QuoteOK, so let the AMA do anything it dame well pleases. Put some safety barriers here but not on that other wall even though someone already ran into it. Let a few racers get killed or perilized its OK its only racing and the racers know the risk. If some Pro racers refuse to race they could lose their factory ride ;D Cool let me sign up now.  :P The point to all this is if reasonable safety equipment is avalible, that means air fence, then they should use it where a racer could hit a wall. If the AMA chooses not to protect an exposed wall they are leaving themselfs open to a neglagence lawsuit. If a lawsuit or two forces them to protect an exposed wall that they wont do on their own, wouldnt that be a good thing???? ???

My humble opinion about law suits is there a waaaay too many of them in this country.

I'm hoping you're not saying that things have to only be Black or White.  The AMA should do the right thing and request that the track be made safer.  Since the AMA doesn't own the track they don't have the power to make the change themselves.  The track owners are looking to damn cheap to have a conscience on this one.  Tracks like Barber and Road America are much better due to how the owners care enough to make things safer.

Look at the tracks outside the USA.  WSBk runs a few World class tracks...   ;D

james-redsv

QuoteMy humble opinion about law suits is there a waaaay too many of them in this country.

I have to agree. On the other hand if the AMA wont do the right thing they should be held accountable. ;)

clutch

No lawsuits..you will see no more of racing in the US.  Why dont the rich and famous donate to our cause..it could be a tax write off for them. They have millions..I have hundred or so on a good day....LOL

Super Dave

QuoteNo lawsuits..you will see no more of racing in the US.

Insurance for track rentals for schools, track rides, and racing has gone throught the roof because of lawsuits.  When I started racing in 1987, it cost $30 for my first race, $20 for my second, and $10 for each one after.  I've watched it go through the roof.  

Ultimately, I believe rising insurance costs will be the thing that causes the economy and our way of life to come apart in the US.  When people with ideas cannot make things that can improve our life because of the cost of insurance, etc...  We will have truely lost out.  The United States is usually the source of innovation and ideas.  When that stops...  
Super Dave

james-redsv

You wont see anymore racing in the US if everyone is dead from running into walls.  ;D Im not a lawer, but sometimes there are good reasons to force race tracks, AMA etc to do the right thing. I would gladly pay extra entry fees at tracks that need to have airfence or haybayles covering exposed walls if only they would do it. ;) All im saying is the airfence is available, they need to use it on all exposed walls, not pick and chose, and if the track or AMA choses not to cover them the track or AMA is opening themselfs up to a lawsuit. :) Im just looking out for fellow racers , I hate seeing someone get heut because of the AMA's  bad descision not to cover an exposed wall. They have the stuff to cover walls or they can get it, now they need to use it. Im done with this now. ;D

Super Dave

I agree, it blows, but it does come down to the riders too.  I raced at Charlotte Motorspeedway, the Streets of Steamboat, and Park City Street Course.  It was my responsibility to ride appropriately.

Larry Denning left the race at Tennessee or Kentucky or something because it was so bad.

In 1994, we, the riders, shut down the AMA National at the Pomona Fairplex because of safety.  (We were basically racing in a parking lot.)

Factory riders did not race the Loudon 600 Supersport race one year...2000?

Life IS NOT without any risk.  The racer has to determine what level is reasonably acceptable.  How many racers run their tires just one race too long?  Should we sue them because they cause a crash that makes my six lap race four laps because of clean up?  How about because they cause someone else's crash?  Really, when do we stop?  

I don't have the perfect answer, but to sue...
Super Dave

Gixxer124

How about an update on Brian Livingood. (Hi, Dave.)

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton