News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MAM - where are you staying?

Started by tshort, May 21, 2003, 06:31:35 AM

tshort

Any accommo tips?  Close to track, nice/clean, and low cost?  You know, like a budget Ritz? ;D ;D
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

StumpysWife

I have a conversion van you can borrow  ;D

That thing is pimp!

And has party lights!

I don't know about the clean part, though, as we share it with Johnson!!!!!

Dawn

We're not taking the motor home this time.  Instead we are taking our diesel truck for the fuel economy.  We are putting an air mattress in the trailer.

Yeah...  this should be fun.   ::)

Dawn   ;)

tigerblade

Here's what the track recommends:

http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/code/facilities.htm

My parents live an hour away in NW Missouri, so I'll be staying there.  Lots of free food, a pool (not warm enough yet), a hot tub...  I'd invite everyone to stay there, but I don't like bikers.  LOL   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Protein Filled

Tom,

You can camp at the track. They have showers available, but no power, so be prepared to listen to many generators running all night long.

Hotel-wize, there is a cheap flea bag hotel right at the exit to where the track is, but the best option I found is to stay at one of the hotels in Council Bluffs. It's about 15 miles north of the track, but it's the nearest place that has plenty of hotel rooms. It's a 65 mph road, so the travel time is not soo bad.

We usually split a room 3-4 ways and it turns way cheaper that way...
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

motomadness

I stayed at the Western Inn Motorlodge.  It's like 10 minutes away, near a grocery store, and it's clean and comfortable.

sdiver68

Is it confirmed that there is still no power available?  Last year the track owner told us it just hadn't been installed yet.
MCRA Race School Instructor

tigerblade

There was still no power as of mid-April anyway.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tshort

Thanks for the tips, all.  Edgar - I don't know how keen my wife would be to share a room with two or three others.  We *have* done it (room sharing ;))- but not lately.  Found a place called the Settle Inn (cute) in Council Bluffs.  Sounds like that might be the go (was on the MAM lodging recs).
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

sdiver68

I stayed at Settle Inn last year, it was decent.
MCRA Race School Instructor