First season CCS, guidance request

Started by DC1278, January 20, 2020, 04:55:45 PM

DC1278

Hello, this season will be first season of CCS, I will be on a ducati 959 and I was wondering if I could get feedback as to the the competitiveness of the following classes:
HW Superbike
HW Supersport
UL Superbike
UL Supersport
Formula 40

I realize I will be down on cc on all these classes but thats totally fine.  Just trying to choose what classes to for my first weekend at njmp in April.  Any input would be great thanks! ny input would be great thanks!

AlanDewey

Have you already done a race school?  If not, when you do a school, ask the instructor(s).   I think they would have good advice for you.   Print out the CCS rules and bring them with you so you can make notes right on the paper.

Your first few races you are likely to not be very competitive so I think you do not need to be concerned with that yet.  You do not want to be with other bikes that are so much faster that you will be frustrated.  It's nice to be able to keep up with, or almost keep up with, other racers so you can have fun learning.
I am not going to give you any advice more specific than that because I quit roadracing many years ago.
Underwater photography instructor
ex-road racer
ex-speedway racer
ex-flat-tracker

DC1278

I appreciate the response. Yes I have no misconceptions about how competitive I will be at first.  I was just looking to narrow down which of the above mentioned classes are more competitive than others as to prioritize and enter the LESS competitive classes my first races.

I am going to be doing race school 4/4, a couple weeks before the first NJMP CCS round