News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ON BOARD TRACK VID..jenningsGP..5/03

Started by MELK-MAN, May 18, 2003, 12:38:20 PM

MELK-MAN

my buddy put the camera on my bike late in the day last weekend at a track day. Lap times actually 23-24 maybe. 21s-22s werer early on a cool track. anyone that has not come to ride the track on OPEN TRACK DAYS or for a race event should! its a fun track. http://www.jenningsgp.com/

enjoy.
(RIGHT CLICK & SAVE)
http://www.nickmora.com/images/vids/Greg3.mpg
thanks To Nick for putting getting the vid together & the link, & godspeed extreeme

FL guys..  dont go to school on me too bad..that means you Shaw..LOL..
see ya all at Moroso.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

Nice video Melk.  I watched you go through 3-4-5 about 10 times in a row, and I'd swear that's how I was going through there.  Same downshift point and all....hmm.  They were making up a lot of ground on me there.  Oh well...see ya at Moroso.  I decided to go ahead and race MW GP too.  I know you said you weren't gonna, but maybe you'll change your mind. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

By the way everybody...38 megs well worth the download.  Very clean and no wind noise.  Great job!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

MD.. it is a large file, but like you said. Even for not quite 2 laps around, the vid. quality came out outstanding.
 Not doin the Mid wt Grand prix.. it is a fun race in a way as there are fewer riders.
  ON downshifting.. on a good lap im getting to rev lim. in 5th on the back between 2-3, 1 downshift with some braking leaning left into 3, as it stands up for the chicane going right i downshift again, trhough the double apex, and dont downshift again till the right hander of 7. YOu may have been being overtaken going into 3 if your not carrying MEGA speed. I feel this is probably your issue. Believe me, you can carry way more speed in to 3 than you think.

MightyDuc Racing

I'm at the top of 5th (should be about the same mph as you), click one downshift, then tip it in with no brakes at all.  Then coast through 4, and I think that might be where I'm losing the time.  I feel like it takes me forever to get to the apex of the double left.  I guess I need to give it some throttle through 4, but I tried that once and got off line and wasn't in a good position for the double left.  It's just a tough spot to get through well, I guess.  I ride through that whole section in 4th thanks to all the low-end I have.  Thanks again for the tips, and keep 'em coming! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

did you catch the front end grip-chatter comming into the double apex?? front end is chattering scrubbing off speed with the front tire..

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

duc995@aol.com

That was an awesome video!  What is the soundtrack?  Artist? :)

MELK-MAN

QuoteThat was an awesome video!  What is the soundtrack?  Artist? :)

I emailed my friend Nick and will get back to ya about that..glad you liked it. I have it as a shortcut on my desktop and when i need to escape.. off i go!

MELK-MAN

QuoteThat was an awesome video!  What is the soundtrack?  Artist? :)

The band is called the Lost Prophets and the name of the song is "Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja". I have never heard of them but my friend Nick's brother is into all the underground type music and he picked it... :)

duc995@aol.com