Main Menu

CCS Help: VIR Schedule for June

Started by bfkidd, May 18, 2003, 09:15:33 AM

bfkidd

Looking at the schedule for Saturday at VIR:

Races 7 and 8:

7. Heavyweight SuperSport Ex
8. Unlimited SuperSport AM/Ex

Why did you do this? Everyone who is in race 7 is going to be in Race 8! Why not put a lightweight class in between, or switch races 6 and 7? Can this be changed? Please?

prov431

I won't be in race #7 if that makes you feel any better  ;D
You had to know that was coming ::)

r6_philly

QuoteLooking at the schedule for Saturday at VIR:

Races 7 and 8:

Why did you do this? Everyone who is in race 7 is going to be in Race 8! Why not put a lightweight class in between, or switch races 6 and 7? Can this be changed? Please?

Hope that they will split 8a and 8b. But then it would just be wishful thinking  ;D They can put a lw or mw class in between. Or you will just have to leave some gas on the pit road... think of it as a 2-stage GT race hehehe

StuartV666

Races 7 and 8:

Yeah! What he said!! Please! Races 5 and 6:

5. Heavyweight SuperSport Am
6. Sportbike Am

That means back-to-back races there for me and, I'm guessing a bunch of other guys, too.

If you swap races 6 and 7, and split up race 8, then it would go Am, Ex, Am, Ex, Am and none of us would have back-to-back races to deal with (at least of those races). Even if you don't split up race 8, swapping 6 and 7 would be really great! I'd guess there's a lot less guys running both Amateur Sportbike and Unl. SuperSport than are running Am Sportbike and HW SuperSport.

It's going to be TOO HOT up there to be running back-to-back sprints. Especially for those of us who are running 4 or 5 sprints all in one day.

PLEASE?!?!

- Stu

Dawn

Races 7 and 8:

Talk to the Race Director during the meeting.  We have made changes to the schedule at the track and that way everyone know's what is going on, not just the people on the board.

My $0.02

Dawn   ;D

StuartV666

QuoteTalk to the Race Director during the meeting.  We have made changes to the schedule at the track and that way everyone know's what is going on, not just the people on the board.

My $0.02

Dawn   ;D

I've tried that before and my experience is that the officials are not real eager to change the schedule at the track. And I wouldn't be either, if I was them. It's just one more opportunity for confusion.

Is there some reason why it shouldn't be addressed as early as possible instead of waiting 'til we're all at the track? It can be announced at "the meeting", so "everyone knows what's going on", even if it's actually decided ahead of time. And then even the people who don't make the meeting for some reason will know. And nobody has to remember to make a handwritten change to their schedule at the track. The schedule given out at Registration can be correct, right from the beginning of the weekend.

Kevin Elliot? Comments?? Can this be done?

- Stu

B-MAC

Chuck, haven't you figured out by now that back-to-back races are a way of life with us ::)
I live with it every weekend. It really isn't that bad as long as you let the race director know that there needs to be a break in there for you and other racers that are doing the same. Get someone to run up there with some water and off you go.
I always do better in the second of the two because I get pumped up from the first one.

Just some thoughts

bfkidd

Here's some more reasons why it should be split:

These races have NEVER been back to back before.

I was at the track yesterday. I spent eight laps going through traffic. The first clean lap I had, I come under the bridge and go hot into seven like normal. Well, like I would towards the beginning of a race. Guess what? No brakes. They had already faded so I couldn't go hot in there. So I took a nice tour of the South Course.

I at least want enough time between races so that my bike is ready to go back out and go fast from the green flag.

I am the defending regional champion in both classes and won the first two races so I should have been consulted on this matter. ;)

CCS HELP!

bfkidd

StuartV666

Well Kevin,

Are you ready to give this some consideration yet? Please??

- Stu

CCS

No matter what I do, someone is going to run back-to-back here, so here is the only change I can reasonably consider.

1.      Formula 40 (EX & AM)
2.      LW SuperSport (EX & AM)
3.      CCS Unlimited GP (EX) Trophy Only
4.      Middleweight SuperSport (AM)
5.      Middleweight SuperSport (EX)
6.      Heavyweight SuperSport (AM)

7.      Heavyweight SuperSport (EX)
8.      CCS Sportbike (AM & EX) Trophy Only
9.      Unlimited SuperSport  (AM & EX)

10.      Lightweight GP (EX & AM)
11.      Middleweight SuperBike (EX)
12.      Middleweight SuperBike (AM)
13.      Heavyweight SuperBike (EX)
14.      Heavyweight SuperBike (AM)
15.      SuperTwins (AM & EX)
16.      Lightweight SuperBike (AM & EX)
17.      Middleweight GP (EX &AM)

and that still leaves riders running back-to-back in Heavyweight SuperSport/Sportbike or  SportBike/Unlimited SuperSport, so even that just changes who has to run back-to-back.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

THE_D.O.C.

i'm sure chuck doesn't mind if someone ELSE races back to back.  ;D

StuartV666

This looks great to me! It leaves me with a bunch of races with a one race break between each, but no back-to-backs. What more could I ask for?

Why are the Experts now in that Sportbike race? The original schedule had only the Amateur Sportbike class on Saturday. Of course, if you split that into two separate races, then nobody would have back-to-backs....

Is this now the final word?

- Stu

bfkidd

Like Brad says, that looks great. Thanks Kevin. ;D