Die Hards

Started by Biketographer, November 20, 2019, 08:15:35 AM

Biketographer

In the last few weeks, these die-hards have logged in.....      to keep you curious, you will have to click the user # to find out who they are  :biggrin:
User 127 ....  registered March 2002
User 353   ....   registered July 2002
User 431        registered September 2002
User 193        registered in April 2002

User 1576    registered February 2004
User 1219   registered August 2003

User 2170  registered December 2004
User 546    regsitered October 2002
User 1079    registered July 2003   

15 years..... 17 + 1/2 years....  some serious motocycle addicts here.
When in traffic:  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or, just a simple mistake.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Hell I've been on a few other forums longer than here. :D Think my 1st one was in 1999, but that ones gone (Sportbikeworld.com. Was bought by a large corp and merged with esportbike which is still there but with a faint pulse).

Lets see.
SBN spammers delight there.
Cycleforums all but dead
eSportbike. same.
Cycleworld. Havent been there in a while. Not a lot of traffic.
Chicagolandsportbike pretty dead
Sportbikes.ws pretty dead
Speedzilla Seems dead
Madison Sportbikes gone
Wisconsin Sportbikes gone
All-out-motorsports gone

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

SVbadguy

I'm one of them.
It's a shame this forum hasn't been more active.   How many hundreds or thousands of licensed racers do CCS have?  I could share all sorts of pics and videos I've taken over the years But people can't do something as simple as joining a forum and checking in from time to time.

I've been on my local bike forum since it first started in 2002.  It just went offline earlier this week. I don't know if it's done for good or the owner, who I know, just isn't paying any attention to it.  We used to have thousands of people online at a time.  More recently only a handful and I've been the only mod I've seen online in years.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Biketographer

We still get a LOT of visits every day. 

When I walk around Daytona and Homestead taking pictures and handing out ccsforum.com stickers, very often the subject of activity comes up.   The answer is always this:  "I go to the site occassionally but I don't post anything because no one else is posting."

1/4 million posts... and many very informative topics and thoughtful discussions are recorded here.  That's  why I volunteered to take it over.   

So a few days ago when I started this topic, I just looked for fairly low ID numbers.  Today, I glanced at logins and found a couple other "long timers."   

User 6457   July 2009
User 6598   October 2009
and 9304    still logs in, registered October 2014

QuoteI could share all sorts of pics and videos I've taken over the years But people can't do something as simple as joining a forum and checking in from time to time.
Please do post photos.   I increased the limits on per-image megabytes to about 6 times what it used to be.  Terabytes are cheap these days. 
When in traffic:  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or, just a simple mistake.

Biketographer

Some of you (listed above) are really racking up the karma !

Super Dave

Quote from: Biketographer on November 23, 2019, 07:35:16 AMThat's  why I volunteered to take it over.

FB has quite a number of groups for things.  CCS included.  The forums really do work better for longer conversations and data sharing, especially for saving and returning to that information at a later date.  And it's easier to "measure"
"experts" in Forums usually. 

Glad you took up the volunteer status, Biketographer! 
Super Dave

Biketographer

Well, Super Dave, you certainly contributed a lot to the forum over the years.
Here's another "long timer" showed up and posted today.
https://www.ccsforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=544   registered in October 2002  !

spoot

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on November 20, 2019, 04:21:15 PM
Wisconsin Sportbikes gone
well, you know the story there...

WiRiders.com is a locally owned\ran forum. It isn't 'free' to run a board. It's $200-$300 a year and if no one donates, then its just a labor of love for the sport & the people. Sites that got super-popular got bought out by motorcycle.com and then the ADs started...and the business model of: pay-to-turn-off-the-ads just got ridiculous.

I see the same 'complaints' of site traffic\conversationposts etc...but the very same people that complain, COULD BE CONTRIBUTING to the site! They could be building content and activity - which will encourage more posting by more people...etc

Win - Win !

I had considered buying this site, knowing all of the content & good people in here. But, I'm busing enough doing other stuff.
I applaud biketographer for jumping in and I've tried to help with some posts...
</soapbox>

garfart
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

spoot

Quote from: Biketographer on November 23, 2019, 07:35:16 AM
and 9304    still logs in, registered October 2014

that guy should be banned.

hehe

CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

Super Dave

Super Dave

Biketographer

January 1, 2020

Was it a new year resolution to visit the forum more often? 

User # 1132 stopped by yesterday,  registered July 2003.   That's more than 16 years ago.
User # 1753 also came by... registered May 2004
And with really low id #s we find 
User 192  who registered April 2002      and   SuperDave #193, as usual.
User 296 registered June 2002

and user # 352 from July 2002   

I quit roadracing in 2001, so I guess these 'low number' users figured it was finally safe to be here   :boink:

Super Dave

Quit road racing?  Nah, just between road races.  :D
Super Dave