Nascar is buying Daytona & Homestead

Started by Biketographer, October 13, 2019, 10:20:30 AM

Your prediction for future of club racing at Daytona is ?

This is going to be fantastic - we will get lots of exposure, more turnout
0 (0%)
I predict a few improvements, but not monumental
0 (0%)
So what?
1 (50%)
I am a little apprehensive
0 (0%)
It's going to be disastrous - (I need to take my participationg trophy and crawl under the bed.)
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: January 11, 2020, 09:20:30 AM

Biketographer

I guess I have been living under a rock.

It seems impossible that I never heard of this.  (Well, I have never had satellite or cable tv - ((that's how I could afford to race)) )   (And, I do not 'watch' nascar...  my tv might be tuned into it, but I don't pay much attention.)

Basically....   Nascar is buying Daytona International Speedway (and a lot other tracks.)   But Daytona and Homestead are the ones important to us.

http://www.internationalspeedwaycorporation.com/Articles/2019/10/Anticipated-Closing-Date-for-Acquisition.aspx

https://autoweek.com/article/nascar/nascar-buying-international-speedway-corporation-2-billion

You must log-in to vote.
Thoughts ?
When in traffic:  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or, just a simple mistake.

trackseven

Homestead track belongs to the city of homestead ,   ISC has an operating lease for like 50 years .  The City does not get ticket money , concessions money , advertising money , parking money , .   the city does have to provide electrical , water, waste services .   they get one day out of the year to do an event.  City of homestead and Miami-Dade Country have to provide Police for the event along with FHP coordination for traffic for 4 days.   

Biketographer

Thanks for that info.  I didn't realize they are buying the Speedway corporation and not necessarily all the tracks. 
When in traffic:  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or, just a simple mistake.