Hurricane Dorian

Started by Biketographer, September 01, 2019, 03:41:00 PM

Biketographer

185 mph winds....       holy flying cows.
For many days the forecast was for the storm to come directly here to me in Clearwater, Florida.  Looks like it is going to turn, I sure hope so. 

I hope everyone stays safe and still has some shelter after this storm. 
When in traffic:  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or, just a simple mistake.

Biketographer

oh oh....
QuoteHurricane Dorian Tropical Cyclone Update NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL     
AL052019 600 PM EDT Sun Sep 01 2019 ...CATASTROPHIC CATEGORY 5 DORIAN CONTINUES TO BATTER THE ABACOS...

This is a life-threatening situation.

Residents in the Abacos should continue to stay in their shelter as the eastern eyewall of Dorian is over the area.
Hazards: - Wind Gusts over 220 mph - Storm Surge 18 to 23 feet above normal tide levels with higher destructive waves

These hazards will cause extreme destruction in the affected areas and will continue for several hours.
SUMMARY OF 600 PM EDT...2200 UTC...INFORMATION ----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...26.6N 77.5W ABOUT 75 MI...120 KM E OF FREEPORT GRAND BAHAMA ISLAND
ABOUT 155 MI...250 KM E OF WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...185 MPH...295 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...W OR 270 DEGREES AT 5 MPH...7 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...910 MB...26.88 INCHES $$ Forecaster Latto
When in traffic:  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or, just a simple mistake.