News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

For you literary snobs: Stumpy's Race Report

Started by StumpysWife, May 15, 2003, 08:55:40 PM

StumpysWife

Stumpy had a kick butt time at BHF last weekend.  Read all about it at //www.teamstumpyracing.com

Lets just put it this way, Stumpy likes the rain now.

Super Dave

Yeah, it went well.  Nice job.

Watched him go by me on the rains in GTU.  I was on a rear slick.  Wasn't really ideal from me, but I could see that he was moving.
Super Dave

Jeff

QuoteWatched him go by me on the rains in GTU.  I was on a rear slick.  Wasn't really ideal from me, but I could see that he was moving.

Oh sure Dave... blame it on the tire ;)

Good Job Stumpy!

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Pierre - Team PMR

Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280

KBOlsen

Way to go, Stumpy & Co.!  Great report.  Great weekend!  Oh - and the quotes crack me up:D :D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Dawn

Hey Heather and Stumpy....

Do you need a boat?   :o

Dawn   ;D

Super Dave

QuoteOh sure Dave... blame it on the tire ;)

Good Job Stumpy!

And excuse me?  Where were you?  

There are those that are racing...

And those that are not...  Bring it out...  
 ;D
Super Dave

StumpysWife

No, not yet...we live on a large bluff overlooking Lake Superior so our home is safe from flooding.  About 3 miles north of us, all hell (and high water) is breaking loose.  Two dams are gone and the other, which holds a basin about 13 miles long, is at "critical" stage.  Lake Superior is full of debris.  It's pretty scary stuff.  

I'm doing my cycle endorsement class this weekend at a location that's in the flash flood zone and has been evacuated.  I sure hope we can go somewhere else or maybe I'll have to bring Stumpy's rains with me  ;D.  I just don't think I'll be able to reschedule if it is cancelled.  

Run whatcha brung I guess.  

Super Dave

Show up with the rains...LOL!  

I think it's in the rules.. 8)
Super Dave

StumpysWife

I'll just be so hardcore on those Rebels with rains, they won't be able to stop me while I do right-handed u-turns to hard front brake.  I already feel goofy enough bringing my AStar jacket with full armor to wear in the parking lot.  

I wonder if we'll practice launching........

Super Dave

Don't ask...

Just show 'em how to launch it... ;D
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

I thought it was an automatic bump to expert if you won a race outright as an AM...maybe different cuz it was a rain race?  Just curious.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Jeff

QuoteAnd excuse me?  Where were you?  

There are those that are racing...

And those that are not...  Bring it out...  
 ;D

Doh! Actually got a lot of work done on the bike.  Everything should be ready for 5/30.  Bodywork is still in question though...  But that won't hold me from coming out :-)

How much downtime are you going to have with the case problem Dave?  Are you having a school on 5/29??
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Cases are ordered.  Guess they should be at Sportsman's Park on Tuesday.  I won't race my bike at MAM.

I do have school on the 29th.

As for bumping an AM up...

Stumpy came to my school in April, so he's a complete newbie.  Got lots to learn.  Dry times are pretty good, but there's room to improve and knowledge to gain.

Rain is different.  It's about survival, selection, and the like.  If it were such an equalizer, the outcomes would always be the same just the time difference would be less between the riders.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

I was just curious about things I had heard, not wanting to get Stumpy bumped up by any means.  Anybody else heard that rule?  I actually might have been able to win Supertwins outright at Jennings 5/4 because it was a 1 wave start and that's why I wanted to know.  Every other race I've been in has been two wave.  I didn't run that one cuz I crashed in the previous race, but the times were there for me to have a shot at the overall.  Just curious.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

StumpysWife

QuoteStumpy came to my school in April, so he's a complete newbie.  Got lots to learn.  Dry times are pretty good, but there's room to improve and knowledge to gain.

Rain is different.  It's about survival, selection, and the like.  If it were such an equalizer, the outcomes would always be the same just the time difference would be less between the riders.

This is pretty much Stumpy's opinion, too.  His times are coming down nice, but not at the level of the top riders on a dry track.  He credits the good rain rides to having to ride in the snow up here until last month.  If it's raining here, it must be warm out!

MightyDuc Racing

It's about 92 here. ;D  We could sure use some rain, though...watering the grass is getting old.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

QuoteI was just curious about things I had heard, not wanting to get Stumpy bumped up by any means.  Anybody else heard that rule?  I actually might have been able to win Supertwins outright at Jennings 5/4 because it was a 1 wave start and that's why I wanted to know.  Every other race I've been in has been two wave.  I didn't run that one cuz I crashed in the previous race, but the times were there for me to have a shot at the overall.  Just curious.

I dont think the win, auto bump thing applies MD.. Otherwise Darrin Mulvany and Brian SHaw would have been bumped LONG ago.. i won at jennings last month and 2x last week.. no bump..next year?? thats another question. :)
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

Not winning an AM race, Melk....winning AND beating all the experts in the same race too.  He got an OVERALL win in the rain.  Started in the AM wave and passed all the experts too.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

By the way, if I don't win at the ROC, you better believe I'll be petitioning to stay AM.  This is a really tough year to be an AM down here in the LTWT, plus I'm hopefully gonna be jumping on a bigger bike somewhere along the line and would MUCH rather do it as an AM than an EX. :)  My performance index is pretty low, thanks to all my problems. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

tigerblade

QuoteIt's about 92 here. ;D  We could sure use some rain, though...watering the grass is getting old.

It won't STOP raining here.  It's like we're in Seattle or sumpin'.   ::)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MightyDuc Racing

That sucks.  We could use it so much.  They keep saying rain here, and then a few clouds will come in, it sprinkles (not even enough to fully wet the driveway) and moves on.  Typical.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Super Dave

QuoteNot winning an AM race, Melk....winning AND beating all the experts in the same race too.  He got an OVERALL win in the rain.  Started in the AM wave and passed all the experts too.

But rain riding is not regular racing, like I said before.  Stumpy did a good job, but it's about survival.  And there is no reason for the leading expert to chase the leading amateur.  That's taking chances, and it will just put you down in the rain.  As for Stumpy, he was all wired in.  He had a pace he was comfortable with, and he should run with it like he did.  I thought it was good.
Super Dave

EX#996

QuoteBut rain riding is not regular racing, like I said before.  Stumpy did a good job, but it's about survival.  And there is no reason for the leading expert to chase the leading amateur.  That's taking chances, and it will just put you down in the rain.  As for Stumpy, he was all wired in.  He had a pace he was comfortable with, and he should run with it like he did.  I thought it was good.

Watching Heather during that race was also entertaining....  I wonder if I show that much stress when Paul is out there.   :-/

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tshort

QuoteBut rain riding is not regular racing, like I said before.  Stumpy did a good job, but it's about survival.  And there is no reason for the leading expert to chase the leading amateur.  That's taking chances, and it will just put you down in the rain.  As for Stumpy, he was all wired in.  He had a pace he was comfortable with, and he should run with it like he did.  I thought it was good.

That's consistent with my experience in the rain, Dave.  As I passed Ed Key  8) in the LWSB race in the rain on Sunday, I realized Ed was riding smart - he didn't need to beat me, just the other white plates, of which there was maybe one other (may have been none, actually).  In any case, I had a different story, with the other yellow plates out there all giving chase.  So we *all* were taking more chances than he was, and he was still going to finish first in his class.  That is smart.  Ego and racing can get one into trouble, or at least drive unnecessary levels of risk, IMHO.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128