News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Thunderbike and FUSA

Started by EX#996, May 15, 2003, 04:38:02 PM

mmills416

We don't need to add puddle jumper to you list of nick names.  I practice with the 600 at Jennings in the afternoon becuase the speed differectial gets dangerous at the end of the straight with the Vintage guys.  I start with the combined group to get warmed up them I practice with the ametuers.  The problem is that the faster of the SVs are faster through the corners than the ameturs on the 600, 750, and  1000.  Those guys will point and shoot the bikes and us the HP.  Thats why you see less of a time difference at jennings vs moroso or homestead.  I was almost into the 22 last time at jennings and I think Shaw was in the 21's, but Shaw should be in the 40's and we run in the 46 - 48 range at Moroso.  Just remember what you see at Jennings on the lightweight bike only happens there.  The 600, 750, 1000s are alot faster at other tracks. At least it sounds good in theory.  Maybe I'm totally wrong.  I do know that Barney runs 36's at Moroso and 26's and Homestead and I can barely run 48's and 36's which is at least 10's off his pace.  At jennings the record is officailly a 16.2 and Soreinson, Sorry Chuck, ran a 15.8  on a clean track.  I can run 23 and I hope to run 22 next time we are there.  Thats only a 6 second differential.
Just sum info to think about.  to answer your question, yes it will help to run with the 600's because it present a whole different group of riders and situation for you to deal with. :-/

MightyDuc Racing

The tech guys don't give you a hard time going out with the other group when you do it?  Do you have to change your sticker?  I'd probably want to ride my first two with the LW and then one or two in the afternoon with the AM group, but then back to the LW for Sunday morning warm-ups.  What is the procedure I need to follow?  Thanks again for the info.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

mmills416

If your running fast enough lap times they'll let you in.  You have to change stickers and when you change thats it.  You will have to practice with the AM's in the morning

MightyDuc Racing

Thanks...I'll probably just stay in the LW then.  I usually go pretty slow in the morning warm-up before the races and don't want to get run over in the AM group...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

ScubaSteve

Ill probably join you mike I wish i wouldve known about it at Jennings i would of done the same thing. I agree with you on your theory about the big bikes at jennings compared to other tracks.
Steve

CCS FL