News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MAM and Super Dave...Power Mist...

Started by Super Dave, May 15, 2003, 02:19:16 PM

Super Dave

I have a big mess on my hands with my bike.  I did a one on one program with someone on Monday the 12th at Blackhawk.  In the last session, my countershaft sprocket self destructed and tossed the chain around.  Blew a part of the cases off.  I finally got out to see what was up, and it appears that I have oil pumping out of the upper transmission shaft.  I'm out of commision, and I don't know for how long.  Kind of devastating.  I have a pretty short string.

I'll probably ride the Team Challenge at MAM, but I won't plan on bringing the trailer.  Maybe just enough fuel to take care of the people I work with.  So, if you're one of my regular Power Mist people, please drop me a note.  

visisonsprt@netwurx.net
Super Dave

nfcracin

dave do you need a bike for MAM I am not going?
 call me if you want to use my 750.

Lonny

EX#996

QuoteI have a big mess on my hands with my bike.  I did a one on one program with someone on Monday the 12th at Blackhawk.  In the last session, my countershaft sprocket self destructed and tossed the chain around.  Blew a part of the cases off.  I finally got out to see what was up, and it appears that I have oil pumping out of the upper transmission shaft.  I'm out of commision, and I don't know for how long.  Kind of devastating.  I have a pretty short string.

Wow Dave, that sucks.

.... is it covered under warranty?  "Honestly Mr. Dealer, I was just riding along the road and this happend.  See?" :-* :'(

It sucks to be broke and have a bike thats broke too.  

Dawn   :(

PS  Paul will be at MAM.  Thanks!
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Quotedave do you need a bike for MAM I am not going?
 call me if you want to use my 750.

Lonny

Thanks, Lonny...

I really would need a 600 since I enter all Middleweight classes.  At this point, I just don't have anything to ride.  
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote.... is it covered under warranty?  "Honestly Mr. Dealer, I was just riding along the road and this happend.  See?" :-* :'(

It sucks to be broke and have a bike thats broke too.  

Dawn   :(

PS  Paul will be at MAM.  Thanks!

My dealer, Sportsman's Park, is very good to me.  They already though about warranty for me.  But, I don't have a stock chain or anything, so I only see that I will have to pay for it.  Looks like the cases are in stock, so I'll have them order them.  I'm contacting 4 & 6 to see about the tear down and assembly.
Super Dave

Xian_13

Super Dave,
you can borrow my bike under 2 conditions :D
1. They are not mixing EX/AM in GTU
2. You teach me everything you know about suspension! (for free ;D)
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Super Dave

Quote2. You teach me everything you know about suspension! (for free ;D)

How much time do you have?  
 ;D
Super Dave

Xian_13

Well... I think I will need two days to peice the bike back together (was hit in turn 7  :( @G-man today)
After that I have about the rest of my life ;D
BTW what is the life expectacy of a road racer?
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Super Dave

I'm up to seventeen seasons...

Ed Key and Roger Hendricks are ahead of me.
Super Dave