Triumph Thruxton???

Started by Calkins, April 03, 2017, 02:16:22 PM

knedgr

I just raced a Thruxton at AHRMA event in Kershaw last weekend.  First time on the bike and at that track racing.   Set up correctly, it's a fun bike to ride fast.  Is IT all that fast?  No.    Best lap times were 1:56s and I led majority of both races that weekend riding a bit reserved since I was on unfamiliar bike and track.   Took 2nd on the tail of the winner both times.    I also ran SOT3 and finished near the bottom in both races, but not dead last by any means. 

It's one of those bikes that isn't supposed to be all THAT fast, but if ridden well can hold it's own.   

britx303

Quote from: knedgr on April 10, 2017, 06:38:32 PM
I just raced a Thruxton at AHRMA event in Kershaw last weekend.  First time on the bike and at that track racing.   Set up correctly, it's a fun bike to ride fast.  Is IT all that fast?  No.    Best lap times were 1:56s and I led majority of both races that weekend riding a bit reserved since I was on unfamiliar bike and track.   Took 2nd on the tail of the winner both times.    I also ran SOT3 and finished near the bottom in both races, but not dead last by any means. 

It's one of those bikes that isn't supposed to be all THAT fast, but if ridden well can hold it's own.
NICE!!! :cheers: