having hard time with understanding which machines are allowed

Started by XD_419, September 08, 2016, 03:49:39 PM

XD_419

Hello everyone this is my first ever post  :cheers: ,

I have been doing track days for a few years now and want to make the jump to racing. im looking to invest in a new machine but am inexperienced at understanding what is allowed and where. i havent had much luck on my own, is someone kind enough to guide me to a tech sheet i can understand and or help explain the one that ive come across on the CCS website.

apriliaman

Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

XD_419

the thing is im looking into buying a bike. want up to date tech, i want a 1 liter because im a fool yet im comfortable but im leaning towards a daytona 675r but im not against the jap makes either, pretty sure im going to stick in the middle weights i just dont understand if the 600, 675 and 636 all fall on the same grid and if not how frequent are the events for them. better yet i honestly dont even know where to find this information on my own. so to answer your question i own zero bikes that i want to race.

britx303

Get your head out of the clouds and get something like a ninja 300 for starting out on.Hell,you could race your entire"career?" on the 300 and never look back,while laughing at the guys on 1k's burning through tires faster than rolls of toilet paper at a laxative test facility.

bruce71198

To answer your original question, Ultra light weight bikes are Ninja250,300 Yamaha 320, some supermoto stuff and older 2 stroke 125's.
Lightweight classes are for SV650, Ninja650,[size=78%] some 250 2 strokers and the sort. Middleweight classes are for the 600 four cylinders, 636,675 some liquid cooled Duc's. Heavyweigh classes are for the 750 inline fours and other odd shit that they don't know what to do with and can't pile in the LW class. Unlimitied class is for the liter bike. Then all these classes come in the form of SS, SB, GP which is the level of modification allowed. There are some variations of this and some bikes I'm sure I overlooked but I hope you get the basic idea. Choose the bike you want to run, build it to SS spec and you'll have plenty of classes to run it in.[/size]

Woofentino Pugrossi

What Brit says. Unless you already own a liter bike setup for racing, its not ideal for a 1st racebike. AM unlimited classes are freaking insane with the huge disparity of skill levels. Think of it as an intermediate group track day without the passing rule.  :ahhh:

Middleweight classes allow liquid cooled 4 cyl up to 640cc (supersport), 660cc (superbike and GP). That's why 636 is in MW. The 675 is a 3 cyl and MW allows up to 680cc (supersport) and 780cc (superbike and GP) for liquid cooled 3 cyl.

Biggest 2 reasons for a racing "career" being 2-3 yrs is getting hurt and money.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Gino230

Any Japanese 600, Triumph or MV 675 triple, or Ducati 848 are middleweight bikes. These are the most popular classes with the most people. The R6 being the most common ride out there. For parts and setup availability that is the way to go.

There is a good argument for getting started in the LW classes, get a Suzuki SV 650 or Ducati Monster 796 or 1100, throw on some tires and go race. LW classes are more "gentlemanly", usually smaller grids, easier on tires, clutches, and other consumables. Also you can learn how to ride on a lower HP bike, learn the art of corner speed and throttle application without killing yourself.

Don't even think about racing an unlimited bike as an amateur. It should not even be legal. The Kawi ninja 250 is a good cheap option, but you will get bored quickly, those bikes are slow. Unless you happen to be in a region where there's 20 of them racing :)
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!