News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ducati 748

Started by MUZ720, September 10, 2016, 06:51:56 PM

MUZ720

Good Day,
Was wondering if you would consider letting the Ducati 748 into LW GP for next year?   They are not faster then a good well built SV 650 which can go to 700cc or as fast as the Ducati air cooled 1000cc bikes currently allowed in the class. In no way will this bike be a class leader and as always the rider makes the biggest difference anyway.. currently legal for LW 40 and Thunder bike one more entry per weekend would be nice..   Thanks for your time and consideration with this matter.   

Zaph

No.  That class should be hard capped at 650cc for liquid cooled two cylinders.  Let's not make the mistake of allowing ANOTHER cheater bike on the grid, and in fact let's get the 1000cc Ducati out of there too.

Signed,
Someone who doesn't really care a whole lot either way.   :biggrin:

britx303

1000 ducs are in that class? I didnt realise......damn my 400 aint gonna do squat at daytona in LWGP :wah:

LWT Racer

Quote from: MUZ720 on September 10, 2016, 06:51:56 PM

They are not faster then a good well built SV 650 which can go to 700cc or as fast as the Ducati air cooled 1000cc bikes currently allowed in the class. In no way will this bike be a class leader and as always the rider makes the biggest difference anyway.. currently legal for LW 40 and Thunder bike one more entry per weekend would be nice..   
It's Not a lightweight bike. You also have the 748R and RS versions which would demolish most any bike that is legal for the class except the top top built air cooled Ducs.  it's bad enough that 565 is legal for LWGP, letting 748's in would make the problem even worse.

Buy a SV or air cooled duc.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

bruce71198

Race it in MW races, if you're not competitive anyway what's the difference if you lose to an SV650 or a GSXR600?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: LWT Racer on September 12, 2016, 02:49:41 PM
It's Not a lightweight bike. You also have the 748R and RS versions which would demolish most any bike that is legal for the class except the top top built air cooled Ducs.  it's bad enough that 565 is legal for LWGP, letting 748's in would make the problem even worse.

Buy a SV or air cooled duc.

Not to mention the 749 is allowed in LWF40 also. Always fun to watch one "check out" on the straights. A 130hp 749R isn't a lightweight by any means. 748/749 are middleweight bikes (although allowed in Thunderbike which is what LWF40 uses for its bike classifications) plain and simple.

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Gino230

This battle has been fought for many seasons now- yes a stock 748 or 749 is kind of a turd of a middleweight, but if you get the R version and place it in a high state of tune it CAN be quite fast, too fast for LW.

Thunderbike and LW F40 are a combination of middleweight and LW classes so they are allowed there and quite competitive.

I have a very fast 749RS and I ride that in LWF40, Thunderbike, and if that's the only bike I ride for the weekend, I'll enter a middleweight race or two just to get some more races in, even though it's not really a match for the R6's.

If you have your heart set on riding twins (as many of us do), AHRMA is a pretty cool organization, lots of modern twin classes, and it's a friendly atmosphere. They are non profit and visit some cool tracks.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!