News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Does CCS have weekend Passes

Started by britx303, August 14, 2016, 05:06:16 PM

britx303

Does CCS have a weekend pass for someone concidering racing with us for 1 weekend to try CCS. They do hold a current race license elsewhere,for what its worth

Capitalview

2.2 CCS LICENSE REQUIREMENT - New applicants must provide proof of current racing experience, or a certificate indicating completion of an approved Riders School or Licensing Clinic within the previous 12-month period. Once a license application has been processed there will be no refunds or exchanges. 2.2.1 Licenses from the following organizations are acceptable as proof of experience: AMA Professional, AFM, AHRMA, ASMA, CCS, CMA, CRA, CMRA, FIM, USGPRU, LRRS, MotoAmerica, Motoseries, MRA, OMRRA, RACE, SMRI, USBA, WERA, WMRRA, & WSMC.

A. Expert ranked riders who show a significant lapse in participation (over 3 years without a competition license) will be required to re-qualify for Expert status by normal licensing procedures.

B. Riders who show a significant lapse in participation (over 5 years without a competition license) will be required to re-qualify for a competition license by normal licensing procedures.

britx303

Didn't really answer the question. I'm asking if someone just wants to race 1 weekend with ccs coming from another org currently,can they get a 1 weekend pass to race,they just don't collect points. Wera does this as do other smaller groups,but I've never seen anywhere that said so for ccs. Got a couple people interested in racing 1 weekend to try ccs out,and if all goes well they may get a full year license afterwards.

badmoon692008

I'm pretty sure they have a single weekend pass for people in the armed forces who are only home for a short time and will only be able to make it to one weekend. Not sure if that's applicable to other riders or not. I don't see why it wouldn't be available if you explain the situation.

Capitalview

I would contact CCS directly and ask the question so you get an official response that you can print out and take to registration.

Eric Kelcher

Yes if you have a valid license with another recognized race organization then you can get a one event license. The cost is $50
This is done at the track along with entering races thus why there is not a form online.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

britx303

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on August 15, 2016, 01:31:48 PM
Yes if you have a valid license with another recognized race organization then you can get a one event license. The cost is $50
This is done at the track along with entering races thus why there is not a form online.
Thank you Sir!! :thumb: