Machine Requirements-Bodywork and Dampers

Started by Thatdudeguybro, March 23, 2016, 10:18:39 AM

Thatdudeguybro

Hey all,

I am interested in racing with CCS this season. Going to be in the 600 superstock class. I've checked the rule book and didn't see anything, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking it.

Are steering dampers required, and is full race body work required? Currently, I have the race upper and lower, but the stock tail and seat cowling. Thanks!

clarustnb

I'm not in charge - however I can read the rule book too!

Steering Dampers - Not required
Bodywork - no need, only the belly pan.  You should see some of the crap those honda Hawks and SV guys roll with. (:
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

Thatdudeguybro

Great. Thanks!

You should have seen the garbage upper I was using at my first race this past weekend at Roebling. Definitely not going that route again!

apriliaman

Hey Ben #909 maybe I should bring out my dented classic bodywork back with safety wire as my stitching it back together and many different color patches! Hey always passed tech except team pro motion didn't like it.
The main thing CCS checks is the belly pan, oil drain plug,oil fill cap and filter wired and I do radiator cap also.Anything else you want to wire is extra what you like.Brake lever feel, steering head bearing,throttle  return sometimes also.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

SVbadguy

Your numbers must be legible.  And where do you intend to put your rear numbers?
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Thatdudeguybro

Across the RR/Seat cowling combo with them on the bellypan as well. It's not one continuous surface, but my number plate itself can be. I can make the number plate continuous by laying it over the gaps, which are rather small... Is that not allowed?

bruce71198

Quote from: clarustnb on March 23, 2016, 10:25:59 AM

Steering Dampers -   You should see some of the crap those honda Hawks and SV guys roll with. (:

Honda Hawk? You must have been around a while...

Admin

Quote from: Thatdudeguybro on March 25, 2016, 04:43:52 PM
I can make the number plate continuous by laying it over the gaps, which are rather small... Is that not allowed?

Isnt a problem, has been done before.

JKBRacing

OK this is a little off topic but in interest of not starting another thread here it goes.
I have an SV that I just got on the track and ran my first race http://www.ccsforum.com/Smileys/newsmilies/biggrin.gif It was a blast!! However today I started my Ducati Monster and was thinking that I would like to track it as well. Would I put the same numbers on the monster as I have for my SV?
Thanks for the reply

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Newracer46 on May 09, 2016, 11:01:37 PM
OK this is a little off topic but in interest of not starting another thread here it goes.
I have an SV that I just got on the track and ran my first race http://www.ccsforum.com/Smileys/newsmilies/biggrin.gif It was a blast!! However today I started my Ducati Monster and was thinking that I would like to track it as well. Would I put the same numbers on the monster as I have for my SV?
Thanks for the reply

Yes ALL bikes you would race use the same number.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod