New rider Questions??

Started by BFREE30, May 13, 2003, 04:53:19 PM

BFREE30

Can you enter an amateur class with a 750 cc bike? I have a 600 now, but was looking for a bigger cc bike. any help is appreciated

hawki

Yes, you can enter amatuer races with a 750 cc bike.  I believe that the classes would be heavyweight supersport, heavyweight superbike, unlimited GP and GTO.  Check the rulebook as I may have missed a class.  What kind of a 600 do you have now?  There are more oportunities to race with a 600 than a 750.  Modifying your bike may limit the number of classes you can race in.  Start with your bike in supersport trim and concentrate on your skills.

Good luck

Dave

r6_philly

you can also race Unlimited Suersport with a 750. But that will make 1 race on Sat and 4 on Sunday. If you have a 600, it would mean 3 on Sat and 7 on sunday to choose from.

One other thing, the heavyweight classes are very much less competitive than the middle classes. safer, less traffic, and more chance for wood. but you do have to beat the pesky 600's that race up a class  ;D

MightyDuc Racing

CCS isn't like WERA, where you can't ride a heavyweight bike right away.  But I think they only keep newbies off 1000's, not 750's.  Have at it and good luck! :D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

r6_philly

although, would you want to be on a 1000, race in the ULGP and getting passed by countless 600's? can't really use "bike is crappy" excuse then huh ;D

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

TiffineyIngram

Amateurs can ride anything they want.  The only restriction is when it comes to minors.  Riders under 16 can only ride on Lightweight bikes, however they can ride up into Middleweight, Heavyweight, and even Unlimited classes as long as they are on Lightweight equipment.