News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Pitting in the Grass

Started by richmeyer, May 12, 2016, 01:46:35 PM

richmeyer

Hey guys, some of the tracks in the Midwest have limited asphalt pit space so we end up pitting in the grass. I've seen some racers put down those snap together floor squares. Any recommendations on which ones are the best value? Any other options our there? Thanks in advance!  :cheers:

clarustnb

I personally find the squares take up too much space in my van, so I went with a 3 X 5 rolled up carpet from Lowes.  Not the fuzzy kind, but this sort of rubber diamond plate look.  I think it was $35-$40.  It works well for me and rolls up to about the size of a folding chair.
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

Capitalview

Pit Mat.  Lies flat or you can roll it up.  My bike fits nicely on it and front and rear stands roll really nicely on it.

ymracing

I use whatever area rug my wife replaces...seems about once or twice a season....
Garry W. Bird
YMRacing, Champaign, IL USA
AHRMA BOT F2, CCS  AM Lightweight F40; Lightweight Grand Prix #72
Lightweight....ya sure...

Admin

I have a pair of semi trailer mud flaps. Basically 1/4" reinforced rubber about 20" wide x 24" long. Used them since 2000.

richmeyer

Farmboy

I use an approximately 12x12 indoor/outdoor carpet remnant that I stake down in the corners along with the easy up. It's lasted for years, provides a nice big area, and is nearly impossible to lose small parts or tools on.
Jim Berard CCS MW#904