News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Dunlop Tires for new racer at BHF

Started by Racer420, February 11, 2016, 10:15:29 AM

Racer420

I'm a new racer that has had good luck with Q3s on my GSXR-600 and Hayabusa.  I'm considering Dunlop 211  Gp-A's.  Any thoughts on hardness for front and year for a track like BHF?  Thanks for not going "Oh no.  Not a tire thread"

Zaph

I am a Pirelly guy thinking of switching Tto the new Dunlops because they are reversable and don't seem to have the delamination problems that plauged Dunlop tires in recent years.  And on top of that, the prices at racetireservice.com just went down on just about all Dunlops.  I don't know a whole lot about which compound to pick though.  On Pirellis with a middleweight bike, I was SC1 front and SC2 rear, but I still burned up the rears 2-3 times as fast as the fronts.

schwags13

Quote from: Racer420 on February 11, 2016, 10:15:29 AM
I'm a new racer that has had good luck with Q3s on my GSXR-600 and Hayabusa.  I'm considering Dunlop 211  Gp-A's.  Any thoughts on hardness for front and year for a track like BHF?  Thanks for not going "Oh no.  Not a tire thread"

I run medium compound for front and rear. I'd echo what Zaph said and run the GP-A Pro's. A few bucks more but you can flip the rear to get more use out of the tire.
Jonathan
Daytona 675R
MW #113 AM