News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Looking for Product Suggestions

Started by Nate R, May 12, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

Nate R

As some of you know, I run MotoSliders, LLC.

Next month, I'll be getting a MUCH better lathe, so I can do more. I'll be looking to expand my product line:

Current Products:
99-02 SV650 Frame sliders
2003 SV650 Frame sliders

----
Coming Soon:
WoodCraft Footpeg sliders
Swingarm Sliders For Suzukis and Some other bikes
99-02 R6 frame sliders
SV1000 frame sliders?
2003 R6 frame sliders?
GSXR600 frame sliders?

Anyone got any other suggestions on bikes to make sliders for? Anyone think that any of these products won't sell well? I'm a racer, but I'm just one. I'm looking for the opinions of many.
 Do you think I should make the 2003 R6 sliders? The GSXR600 sliders?

I tried making bar end sliders before, but that failed because although they fit several bikes, I never REALLY looked at the demand, which was nil. So, I'm treading more carefully here and asking many before making any decisions. I'm open to suggestions. Remember, right now I don't have much more than a lathe, so I can't do any milling operations etc, yet. So, basically just round stuff.

Thanx!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

TerryE

you could ask some of the super moto guys they have prob w/ grinding fork tubes down :D

Nate R

Seriously? Hmmm, I might be able to come up with something for that, actually.

I will look into in. Maybe some sort of sytem with slider that clamps on, etc?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

Xian_13

Nate,
YOu might concider making the swing arm Spool sliders.
Not only are they a more universal item, they take muck lets stock to make ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Nate R

Quote----
Coming Soon:
WoodCraft Footpeg sliders
Swingarm Sliders For Suzukis and Some other bikes

Xian, that's what I was thinking, too, which is why they were already on the list. It's looking like it'd be about $17-18 dollars for swingarm spool/sliders once I get those going.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

dwilson

If you're worried about grinding down your fork tubes, I have the answer!  Go to Home Depot and buy rubber 2.5" (or so) PVC tubing couplers, you know the kinds that have hose clamps on either end.  Cut them top to bottom and fit them around the bottom of your fork leg, then secure them in place with the hose clamps they came with.  I also put a 4" coupler around the base of my exhaust can to keep it from getting torn up.  Lots of protection for about $10.  If you want pics I'm sure I can take a few.  I'll also be at Summit Point 5-24 - 5-26.

motomadness

No one riding a two-stroke has frame sliders.  I think it would neat if you could some how replace the side fairing mounts or engine mount with a slider of some sort.

I chose the two-stroke bike because we have enough to worry about with jetting and reading plugs, so saving some other parts from damage would be a big plus to me.

Are you coming to Gingerman this weekend?  If not let's talk at the next BHF round.

tzracer

Rick tried some swingarm spools/sliders. He managed to drag them, not a good thing. Be careful when you design them so that are not so large as to drag on the ground while cornering. When checking cornering clearance it is best to remove the springs from the front and rear suspension.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

sdiver68

Are we responsible for damage to the transponders?  If yes, then a protective transponder box would be fairly easy.  If no, maybe you can sell them to CCS  :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

dwilson

I think the transponder box is a great idea, they are $250 to replace after all!  No one makes frame sliders for the FZR either.  How about a "universal" kit?  Might be worth keeping an open mind about alternative materials such as kevlar or teflon.  I've thought about using these materials to patch my body work in the hopes that they'll hold up better next time.

Nate R

hmm, I dunno if the transponder thing wold be doable for me, but I'll keep it in mind.

TZracer: I might be able to make rick some that are shorter/thinner in Dia. What is it with Hondas and ground clearance? (Or lack thereof)

Monsta: Definitely interested, I am. I think it can be done one way or another. I'll be at the next BHF on Sunday. I'll be there EARLY, so I should be able to find time when we're both free to talk and measure. (I'll bring some measuring tools.)   What do you have? A 95 TZ250?

Super Duck, are you interested in them for your 2003? If we can make it work on the 95, how about it?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

TZDeSioux

QuoteSuper Duck, are you interested in them for your 2003? If we can make it work on the 95, how about it?

But of course! Even though I'm not ever planning on crashing.  ;) I'd be interested if you made something that would protect the expansion chambers if anything. those things are big $$$$$$