Daytona Info for March 10-13 help please

Started by rediske, January 13, 2016, 05:43:27 PM

rediske

So this will be the first time for us going to Daytona. Trying to find out from people who have been there hows the layout and stuff in paddock region and all that. With ama there I'm sure they'll take up some prime up front spots? I saw no camping in paddock, is this like most tracks where you park your trailer behind your tent and setup or just leave it all somewhere and have to park elsewhere far away? Anyone with some insight or any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time

britx303

I 2nd this.  When I read the stuff about Daytona,its not very clear on how the setup and all the additional fees etc.etc. goes......at least to someone that hasnt been yet.

L8 Braker

--There is no camping allowed in the paddock, but there's plenty of spots throughout the infield to camp or set up your travel trailer. Some spots are within walking distance of the paddock.

--You can set up your pit in the garage (if you rent one) or outside the garage with a pop up. Electrical outlets are scarce, so bring a generator if you don't get a garage.

--You have to reserve/rent the garages. They are very nice but pricey.  Best bet is to split the cost with a buddy. And it's been hot in Florida lately, so having the shade of the garage can be very nice.

rediske

im not worried about garage. our team has plenty of shade and pop ups and generators and everything. Just curios like you said about camping as to where we park out toy hauler to sleep in. and what extra costs are there for staying there? you said some spots are within walking distance. what happens if you don't get one of those up close spots?

dmk21rr

ccs hasn't released the prices for camping, I always camp in the rider/owner lot which has full hook up. these lots were 195.00 in October. I do recommend renting at least an open air garage they are worth the 150.00 dollars.
Also be aware that  you have to out of the pits 1 hour after the final checked flag and don't reopen until 7am the next day.

rediske

ok see I didn't know if there was a specific section for riders camping or how far away it was and all that. Why are you saying about getting a garage? I mean ive been to plenty of races and know garages are nice but does it have to do with regular ez-up spots are hard to find or far away or are you just saying for convenience reasons?

dmk21rr

the camping area is not a far walk, its much easier with a pit bike.
The garages have electricity and are closer to the track, also not to many people set up ezups because they are put against the fence to be out of the way of traffic. also it doesn't normally rain in march at Daytona but when it does it really and flooding can happen.

rediske

yeah ill have the pit bike and stuff, just trying to get a feel for how its all done compared to most tracks where you pull up and put your bike next to your trailer haha. Looking forward to going just a lot going on that week with Daytona 200 and bike week and us racing.

L8 Braker

Quote from: rediske on January 14, 2016, 10:45:50 AM
ok see I didn't know if there was a specific section for riders camping or how far away it was and all that. Why are you saying about getting a garage? I mean ive been to plenty of races and know garages are nice but does it have to do with regular ez-up spots are hard to find or far away or are you just saying for convenience reasons?
There are specific sections, but none of them are that far away from the paddock. And they're all on the infield, so you never actually leave the track area. 

As for available places to set up outside the garage, it usually isn't a problem to find an area. The last few years have been down in numbers, and I've had no problems getting a good spot (and I usually arrive the morning of practice day). 

dpelt73

Last march was my first time at Daytona. The $65 covers your infield pass (free tent area camping) for the weekend. The pit area gets closed off in the evenings and opens again in the morning. We kept our trailer and all our gear in the pits and just took the truck/pit bikes over to camping. without a pitbike its about a 5 min walk to the tent area.

We ended up setting up next to a pole with an outlet against the fence behind the garages. It was no problem riding over to pit and coming back. We had plenty of space. the wind was probably my only complaint.

There are bathrooms throughout the pit area and bathroom/showers near camping.
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

rediske

awesome. Yeah I guess ill be paying for the full hookups. Don't think the toy hauler will work in the tent camping area haha. I appreciate some of the heads up guys