Amateur bump up question

Started by britx303, December 16, 2015, 03:59:10 PM

britx303

Im confused on what it takes to get bumped to expert.I got the newsletter in the mail with the list,and it gives the prerequisites to getting bumped up,but are there things that go into concideration to hold someone back? If so,I would like to know what issues there may be,so I can plan on what to work on with myself next season..........yeah yeah,I know more throttle-less brakes and I know I need a modern bike,but im doing the best I can with what I got for now.Sorry to sound like a baby,but what else goes into the concideration?

Doxgon22

There is a certain number of points, OR, a national championship winner.  I believe the number of points is in the rulebook; you can look that up.  That having been said, you can turn it down ONCE, providing that you didn't get the bump for being an amateur national winner.

britx303

Nah,I didnt get bumped, im not hurt,just trying to still figure things out. This wasnt a good year for me physically :blahblah: ,and my main bike had lots of issues all season that finally got worked out at the end of the season,oh well,my fault for racing a 26 year old beater :whine: I did end up with some track championships.......but my overall low points makes sense now that you mention it.Thanks all the same,looking forward to 2016!!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

britx303

Dang,I really gotta concider a modern bike :banghead: They are all just so boring though :biggrin:

britx303

Im really lost on what or how the points are figured. When I total up my points in the region im actually just under 400. But on the overall points its signifigantly lower than what I total up. At this point im assuming the overall points are the deciding factor,but why/how is there a difference in your regional points to the overall points?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: britx303 on December 17, 2015, 07:28:51 PM
Im really lost on what or how the points are figured. When I total up my points in the region im actually just under 400. But on the overall points its signifigantly lower than what I total up. At this point im assuming the overall points are the deciding factor,but why/how is there a difference in your regional points to the overall points?

I added all the overall class points of my last year as an AM and it came in just over 400. Kinda shocked me when I seen my name on the bump list for 2015. Wasn't gonna turn it down.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Motokonpo

Yes it's 400 points to get the bump to Expert. Just remember it's 400 points "PER Region" and not combined points per region. You can't add 200 + 200 from different regions for a total of 400 points. I only had 355 points in the Atlantic region but had 513 in Mid-Atlantic. The 513 is what bumped me vice the 355. Do not combine the points from different regions even though you may get points in several regions for the same race weekend. Don't forget about the double points weekend. They really help out towards your 400 points. Your best bet is to track your race finish then calculate the amount of points received per the rule book.

dpelt73

yes the bump up rules are very weird I think. two friends i raced with have the same bikes and ran about the same pace. one made it to 3 weekends this season didn't have the best results. had some bike troubles. the other made it to 4 weekends. pretty good results each weekend. The first got bumped up because he finished 5th in one race at ROC. The second guy got 2nd overall in their race class for the region but did not get bumped. (didn't attend ROC)
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

vance

Is it 400 Performance Index adjusted points?

dpelt73

I'll stick to this thread since it's the same topic.

How does amateur bump up work in combined classes? IE: all florida lightweight classes are combined now. So for an amateur to get 400 points during the season or a class championship seems to be impossible.
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

vance

Although my goal of earning white plates this year has taken a minor setback, this was where I was headed with my questioning. It's going to be pretty difficult for any LW amateur to move up now. I guess the good news is I won't have to paint the bike 😃