MAM

Started by roadrashroeser, May 12, 2003, 06:41:21 PM

OmniGLH

QuoteYou know you really shouldn't be looking down and watching the bike, you should be looking ahead for any haybales that might be waiting to cross the track.   ;D

You just made OJ come out of my nose....

LMFAO...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

harb990

Jim

How is the shoulder and arm?  

Cary

roadrashroeser

Ya know I jump one haybail at Gateway and now I have this reputation. ;D I probably could win a race at Gateway if I wasn't so conserned about the haybail monster.
Mike Roeser

tigerblade

Did I scare ya?   :o ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

roadrashroeser

That is just too funny !!!!!!!! Giving me flash backs :o I just about busted a bloodvessle laughing at that.
Mike Roeser

harb990

Did you ever hear the one about "Why the haybale crossed the road?  ......"    ;D

OmniGLH

Ok ok you guys stop it... really... every time I laugh this hard my shoulder hurts....  LMAO....

Cary - I'm doing fine.  Gets a little better every day.  I still don't have much range of motion yet (passively.)  Active range of motion is zero - I can't move it under my own power.  I have to lift/move my arm with my other hand.  Kind of a PITA but it's at least getting to the point where I can lift my hand to the keyboard and type, and lift my arm to the window in the truck to let my arm hang out and catch some breeze without pain.  Hopefully I'll be riding in the July timeframe.  Don't know about racing yet... I want to get out there but I don't want to risk crashing without being completely healed.  I'll probably do a Rosno day or two, but that's all I'm planning for at the moment.  I'll see how things progress.

You gonna be racing when the MW region comes to Gateway?  I haven't decided yet if I'm gonna truck down with DanO, Roeser and Stickman yet.  I'm kinda thinking about trying to save my vacation days and maybe enter ROC at the end of the year.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

Speaking of Rosno...  ("Rose No" is the proper pronunciation, by the way...)

Omni...did you get the bone stuff I told you?  Keeping away from caffeen?
Super Dave

harb990

Jim

When I had my right shoulder fixed from a 3rd degree separation, I found that a trackball mouse was easier on my shoulder, b/c you are only using your hand.  Good luck with all the rehab, and be especially careful once you start getting your strength and active motion back - my rehab therapist told me a story about a fellow who had his shoulder fixed and he was out of his sling, the wind started to blow his ball-cap off and he reacted by quickly reaching up with the fixed arm, he passed out from the pain.

Yeah, I will be at all the gateway dates, there is a track day on Sunday, but probably won't make it, the weather is looking pretty bad anyway.

Later
Cary

OmniGLH

QuoteSpeaking of Rosno...  ("Rose No" is the proper pronunciation, by the way...)

Omni...did you get the bone stuff I told you?  Keeping away from caffeen?

Thanks for the clarification on Rosno... sorry for pronouncing it wrong all this time  ;)

Yep been taking them bone builder pills every day.  Was taking them 4-5 times a day when I was still off of work (right after the surgery) and now I'm only taking them 3x a day (morning, when I get home, and before bed.)  They've got enough C in 'em that I'm betting that's why I'm not sick after hanging out in the pits all day last Sunday at BHF.  I go in for my first follow-up X-ray tomorrow morning, I'll let everyone know if my bones are way ahead of schedule or not.

As for caffeine - this is the first I've heard of staying away from it?  Was I supposed to stay away from that stuff?  Granted, I don't take in much to begin with - I stay away from sodas, and hate coffee... pretty much only drink water, milk and juice.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

Ya I've been thinking about buying myself a trackball for work.  I'm actually in more pain from my fractured right wrist than I am from my shoulder.  I can't use a mouse for more than a few minutes before I have to take a break.  Thank God for alt-tab....
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

lil_thorny

jimmy, glad yer doing good, hurry back..Roeser
is winning too much wood from you. see you soon,
Benji.