Mid-Atlantic Ninja 250

Started by stofficer2, December 07, 2015, 09:34:08 AM

stofficer2

Hi folks, couldn't find my answer after searching countless threads.
What does the 250 grid look like in the Mid Atlantic region? I know in Florida there's typically a really solid grid. I'm a bit confused on the bikes allowed to run with the 250s. Can someone clear that up? I keep getting mixed answers that the KTM and Yamaha race with the 500s.
I'm looking to use a season to race a lightweight to hone in my skills and give my wallet a break. I'm pretty set on a 250 but I keep reading about the 300 running the same class and being scored with the 250s instead of being scored separately while running alongside the 250s.

britx303

1-3 riders from what ive seen, buuuuuuuut a few of us have decided to help the grid out and we each will be bringing out some 2fiddys for the 2016 Mid-A region.We have rounded up between 4 to 8-ish more people out there,but yes,it will be a mix of 250 and 300's.The 500 thing is when those guys have been bumping up into 500 supersport. Dont worry about going against 300's,a well ridden 250 can still hang well enough with one. Hell just watch Mazz's youtube videos at Summit as he picks off sv650's with his 250 :biggrin:

CHIRINOM

Hey there,

It all depends what you really want to do. If you want to give the wallet a rest and have a good time with your mates, then the 250 is the way to go but keep in mind that CCS allows 300 super bikes in both GTUL and ULTB. This means that you will (A) have to build the bike or (B) form some sort of agreement among your selves to run with limited mods. That is what we have done in Florida and it has been quite successful. I suppose it is the cost and even playing field factor. See our web site for ideas. www.specclassracing.com.

Typically the 250s will run GTUL and the 300 and 250 cheater bikes will run Ultra light thunder bike. that way everyone wins. We just got back from a race in Jennings where they used a super stock / super bike hybrid configuration and it worked ok. Three clases 1) 250 Super Stock, 2)300 Super Stock with 250 SBK(moded 250s). 3) 390 Cup.

I am leaning toward riding the 250 in the 500 class more because it requires Super Stock configuration. So while a stock 250 will get out run by a well ridden 300 or 500 and smoked by a 390, at least you know that your fellow 250 riders have to run under Super Sport rules.

Good luck!

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com