britx303

Super Dave

Quote from: bruce71198 on October 27, 2016, 03:11:24 PM
Is there such thing as a nice douche?
Kind of depends upon the applicator?  :D
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: Capitalview on October 27, 2016, 03:01:02 PM
Not surprising since OEMs are running bikes really lean now to pass emissions.
Catalysts, ignition mapping, faster systems.  I don't think they run much leaner, but they are more accurate with FI over carbs.  As things start to run leaner and leaner, there are other products that are produced which are emissions illegal.  Not to mention heat, damage, etc.

Super Dave

Super Dave

This is the most active post on the CCS forum in five years.   :biggrin:
Super Dave

britx303

Quote from: Super Dave on October 27, 2016, 06:29:22 PM
This is the most active post on the CCS forum in five years.   :biggrin:
Well.....its no "Carillo Rod" thread,but it'll do :biggrin:

bruce71198

If i'm not running an air box where should I mount the snorkel?

Super Dave

Quote from: bruce71198 on October 28, 2016, 10:02:53 AM
The first step to recovery is recognizing admitting that you have a problem with a snorkel. 
Super Dave

Zaph

Quote from: bruce71198 on October 28, 2016, 10:02:53 AM

On your face?

bruce71198

If you guys are on Facebook there's a new group called CCS Ultralight Racing, FYI

britx303

Quote from: bruce71198 on October 29, 2016, 10:05:39 AM
If you guys are on Facebook there's a new group called CCS Ultralight Racing, FYI
Yeah,but its this place that needs some action!! :biggrin:

Zaph

Is it Spec Class Racing?  That's all I can find.  Using my wife's Facebook login because I refuse to get on it, lol.

The original post from 2012 mentions a gentleman's agreement.  There sure as hell isn't one of those these days.  The current CCS rule set is so far away from spec class racing that it's not funny.

If I had my way, the CCS would only have 2 rules:  Your bike must make no more than a maximum hp number and weigh no less than a minimum weight.  That's it.  Dynos and scales brought to every race day.  If we did that, everyone could compete.  R3's, RC390's, N300's and even some CBR250's could be souped up to run.  Every machine could be configured to fit in the class just right.  None of us would need to blow money on MR12, except maybe the guys running a CBR250.  It would become a rider's race instead of a builder's race and it would reel in out of control racing costs.   :thumb:   Bruce I'm thinking you wouldn't be a fan of that with your 50 hp 250, lol.