BHF Report

Started by tshort, May 12, 2003, 09:03:10 AM

dave333

QuoteNah...

We have Phil as the Referee, he is a good guy and very good negotiator.  You either race by the rules or you don't race.

Dawn   ;D

Threats of physical harm don't fly in my book.  His buddies "having to hold him back" is ridiculous.  That type of hot headed intimidation needs to be shown the gate.  This is club racing, we do it for fun as a hobby.  AFAIC, someone that far off center is not good to be out on the track with.  What happens when they go to "get even"?

tshort

QuoteThreats of physical harm don't fly in my book.  His buddies "having to hold him back" is ridiculous.  That type of hot headed intimidation needs to be shown the gate.  This is club racing, we do it for fun as a hobby.  AFAIC, someone that far off center is not good to be out on the track with.  What happens when they go to "get even"?
My thoughts exactly. I made those very points to Phil, the CCS Ref, and he said he put the guy on notice, that he would be "watching" him, and there were going to be no further warnings.  As far as physical assaults, Phil said if anyone does that, they will be arrested.  Crazy, man.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

stumpy

Holy High side! Glad your O.K. Keep your chin up and put that negative stuff out the door. Your a very positive person and had a great time! (naming the turns ;)) I'm sorry, you probably don't like the rain much...As for me I've been doin the rain dance since the long drive home 8) I'm buying more rains and  runnin em' no matter what!  ;D  or I'll just hose down the track. My only injury was a scratch on my side from sleeping with all the big wood last night ::)
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Super_KC124

Hey Stump, what about the mud trail in MWGP? ;D

stumpy

Hey dude, whaddya mean?  My lowside in MWGP in the carousel or my dirtrackin' before 7 during Friday's practice?????  (I wasn't wearin' my rains then :()
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteThreats of physical harm don't fly in my book.  His buddies "having to hold him back" is ridiculous.  That type of hot headed intimidation needs to be shown the gate.  This is club racing, we do it for fun as a hobby.  AFAIC, someone that far off center is not good to be out on the track with.  What happens when they go to "get even"?

This behaviour shouldnt be tolerated in any sport, amateur or professional. I saw the paddock incedent and it appeared to me Tom showed great restraint. Sadly since I started racing here in 1999, this kind of BS has been happening more and more. It really needs to stop before someone does something and someone gets seriously hurt (most likely someone who wasnt even involved too).
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

HandleThis66

hey, just wanted to say hi to tom and i hope yor feelin okay!  i sawr it happen in t-1, nasty nasty.  and as for jeremy bentz (271)....yah, he's definately that c word.  he rubbed it in pretty bad when he beat me at gingerman his first race weekend.  he is VERY aggresive, but can be a bit of a nice guy at times. :-/ though i do have to say the attitude he displayed this weekend was extrremely uncalled for.  i think he still hasn't realized we aren't running pro-style, and we need to be @ work in tha mornin!!  he'll learn soon enough ::)  cheers tom..nice to meetch and yor wife!  and it was great to be there to see all yah silly racers i missed...ciao - rhiannon :-*

Super Dave

QuoteOh - and how could I forget to thank our resident wine taster, Sooper Dave? ::)  Thanks, Dave, for the suspension consulting!  You are teaching me to listen to my bike (which I found out has been saying for about a month, "Can you hear me now?" :D).

LOL!  Can you hear me now!

You did a nice job, Tom.  Still work that can be done to be more consistent, but you were easy to work with.

As for the fun and games...  I'm with you.  Seems to be some kind of pattern on the other side.  As for him running "Pro Style"...sure running at the Pro level there is a bit of contact, but you're going very, very fast and we all understand the game.  I don't play like that at the club level as it is unecessary.  Doing so is just poor...
Super Dave

OmniGLH

Congrats on the win, Tom, and stinks about the highside!  You're fairly new to this, aren't you?  That kicks ass.  

I've known Bentz a few years now, he was even my roommate for a while.  Sounds like he hasn't changed one bit.  Agressive, arrogant, hot-headed... yep, that's him.  I quit hanging around with him for those reasons.  But he IS a decent rider, so I would definitely feel good about beating him, fair and square.  Next time, just bump him back  ;)  My thoughts are, "club level" or not, racing is racing, and if you can't handle a little rub here and there, then go join NESBA  ;)  Wait till you get to expert, where rubbing is pretty much a guarantee - just ask DanO  ;)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Nate R

Once again, I've seen a lot of bumping from watching racing the past 3 years, this was MORE than rubbing. a LOT more. Hell, a bit of rubbing would be fun! But, slamming into the other guy is a different story.....Remember, this knocked Tom AND (from what I saw) Jeremy off of the track. He hit Tom hard enough to put him off track, and Bentz went off, too. Last time I checked, that's more than rubbing.  It was and out of line move. Maybe it was meant to be a small bump, and a gust of wind hit, or he overdid it, but still, it was not the right time/place for such a move, I think.  I mean, there were a few laps left, and they were racing close. He had time yet. Either way, I've heard several times that bumping/rubbing is relatively normal in Ex, and sometimes in Am, and I understand that. But the way Jeremy hit Tom, it was just out of line.

If Jeremy was that upset about it, he obviously thought it was more than rubbing, too.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

tshort

Hey Jim - thanks for the encouragement and the info.  Roommate from where/when??

Re bumping/rubbing, I don't mind a little rubbing either, but, like Nate said, this was not a rub, this was a full on body check.  Last I checked we weren't here to do NASCAR, or even WSB/MotoGP-level racing - it's club racing, it's supposed to be fun, and that's how I'd like to keep it.  

Anyway, thanks for the info - see you at a future race.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

DanO966

Nice work Tom.  Crashing sucks anyway you look at it.  But it's all good man.   Get back out there and do it again.. ;D
Ya Fatkid gets a little out of hand sometimes.  Like Jim (omni) said just hit him back harder next time...lol
He rides pretty good...so nice work in beating him.  Just don't let him get into your head.....play YOUR game not his...my .02 cents..
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6