Ultralightweight Superbike rules

Started by SVbadguy, June 15, 2015, 05:38:30 PM

SVbadguy

So this past weekend after someone else brought up the topic, I asked about the legality of a Moriwaki 250s running in the class since a few have been in the MA region.   Well apparently the whole "SuperBikes are based upon production models, sold by manufacturer and their dealers anywhere in the world for street use via normal commercial channels." really doesn't mean anything.  And "Single cylinder, unlimited displacement, unlimited frame" means you can do whatever you want ala GP rules if it's 4-stroke single.

So going by this interpretation 125 and 250 2-stroke GP bikes should also be legal for this class since they meet "Two stroke, liquid cooled, up to 375cc" limitation, production model for street use requirement be damned.

I don't think I'm the only one that think a bike should have to meet all the class requirements to be legal, not just some of them.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Zaph

I don't think bikes made "anywhere in the world" are allowed, I was under the impression they have to be manufactured in North America.

Someone please confirm, before I start combing craigslist for japanese market 250's.

Capitalview

6.2 SUPERBIKE - SuperBikes are based upon production models, sold by manufacturer and their dealers anywhere in the world for street use via normal commercial channels. Proof of compliance rests with the competitor entering the motorcycle. All machines must have unaltered VIN numbers. CCS reserves the right to declare unusual or limited production machines eligible for SuperBike competition.

LWT Racer

My only reason for not bringing this up is because the riders on the Mori's are kids. Kids need as much seat time as possible and do we really want to take that away?

Unless it's a USGPRU weekend, there aren't many classes for the Moriwakis.  They have LWGP, CCS Moto3, and GTL  if we take away the SBK classes.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Cowboy 6

Quote from: LWT Racer on June 16, 2015, 12:56:23 PM
My only reason for not bringing this up is because the riders on the Mori's are kids. Kids need as much seat time as possible and do we really want to take that away?

Unless it's a USGPRU weekend, there aren't many classes for the Moriwakis.  They have LWGP, CCS Moto3, and GTL  if we take away the SBK classes.

4 classes not enough?  Besides, we aren't "taking anything away" the rules are what they are.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

LWT Racer

Then protest or contact CCS to have them clarify.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

SVbadguy

Quote from: LWT Racer on June 16, 2015, 12:56:23 PM

The same could be said for the guys on 125 and 250 2-strokes.

Quote from: LWT Racer on June 17, 2015, 12:29:23 PM
Then protest or contact CCS to have them clarify.

I've already spoken to Kevin.  Single cylinder can have unlimited chassis, unlimited displacement is what he said.  Street pedigree doesn't matter.   So I say either let the 125/250 2Ts in too or none of them.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Zaph

I would like CCS to just list what bikes are allowed in a class rather than listing vague requirements, leaving everyone wondering, and opening the door to obscure cheater bikes that are clearly not what they had in mind.

Since I'm listing things I want, I would like a club level RC Cup for adults.  Why should 16 year olds have all the fun?  We need a REAL spec class, not this BS "here's what you can't do, but you can spend $10K on everything else not listed".

:whine:

CHIRINOM

Quote from: Zaph on June 17, 2015, 07:24:49 PM
I would like CCS to just list what bikes are allowed in a class rather than listing vague requirements, leaving everyone wondering, and opening the door to obscure cheater bikes that are clearly not what they had in mind.

Since I'm listing things I want, I would like a club level RC Cup for adults.  Why should 16 year olds have all the fun?  We need a REAL spec class, not this BS "here's what you can't do, but you can spend $10K on everything else not listed".

:whine:

You are not alone! Lol
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

MACOP1104

Enter whatever you feel like on whatever bike you want.  If nobody protests, the results stand.