ULTB classification

Started by spoot, June 11, 2015, 01:09:08 PM

spoot

I have emailed one of the CCS people, but no reply in a while...I am looking to enter my 1st race but I don't know what class I can be in.

Looking at the rules for ULTB, I see the entry of:
"2 cylinder, Air cooled, under 350cc"

I have a 1973 Yamaha RD350. 2-cylinder, air cooled 347cc. It is a 2-stroke (if that matters).

Would this be ULTB legal?

----------
2nd question:
I did the LCRS and have a 'temp' license that is hand written.
Do I need something different before entering/registering for a race??

I also never received the legendary blue LCRS t-shirt (the 'don't hit me this is my first race' t-shirt)
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

Doxgon22

Hi,
     The best way to get an answer to your question is to call the CCS office in TX.  I looked at the rulebook, and by the letter of the rules, you are legal.  It does not, however specify for 2-stroke, hence, calling CCS for clarification.  You WOULD be legal for GT Ultralight and 500cc Supersport.  As for the temp license, that should not be a problem.  As for the T-shirt, catch one of the Learning Curves instructors Saturday morning of a race weekend, and we'll be happy to help.

Doc Stein

spoot

Thanks, Doc!

Originally, I saw the listing for the 500ss and thought I should be in that class...but, then it became apparent that the UNI pods on the bike meant it had an airbox mod...so, technically not legal in 500ss. Even though it's a bike form 1973...in a class against the new RC390 & R3.

I did leave a voicemail at the main number for CCS a while ago. Then, I emailed Kevin on the 8th and now Eric tonight.

CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

schwags13

Quote from: spoot on June 11, 2015, 01:09:08 PM
I also never received the legendary blue LCRS t-shirt (the 'don't hit me this is my first race' t-shirt)

You don't need a "don't stuff me" shirt! You need to hand those out to the other guys. :)
Jonathan
Daytona 675R
MW #113 AM

britx303

I have emailed one of the CCS people, but no reply in a while...I am looking to enter my 1st race but I don't know what class I can be in.

Looking at the rules for ULTB, I see the entry of:
"2 cylinder, Air cooled, under 350cc"

I have a 1973 Yamaha RD350. 2-cylinder, air cooled 347cc. It is a 2-stroke (if that matters).

Would this be ULTB legal?

----------
2nd question:
I did the LCRS and have a 'temp' license that is hand written.
Do I need something different before entering/registering for a race??

Judging by what the rulebook says,you are good to go :thumb:

Zaph

Those blue LCRS shirts are like the red shirts in Star Trek.  Lol.

Anyway, hope to see you in ULTB.  Be interesting to see how that RD holds up against bikes 40 years newer.

britx303

With the suspension set up properly and good tires(obviously) that RD should give most a run for the money. Air-cooled RD350's can move without a doubt.I miss mine! Best of luck with that bike,show 'em whats up :cheers:

spoot

I guess I will enter ULTB for the Road America rounds!
We didn't go with the full race Avon tires, but some decent ones.

So far, I've only done a few blasts up & down a small parking lot....so, we'll see how it goes.
I hope for some seat time this Sunday if weather holds out.
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

britx303

D@mn....now im thinking about getting another RD.........thanks alot :ahhh:   :biggrin:

spoot

I got a reply from CCS. They said they were travelling recently.
The RD350 is good for the ULTB class !!

YAY.
CCS MW Am #518
WiRiders.com

britx303

Nice!! :thumb:  What region will you be running in?

schwags13

Quote from: britx303 on June 13, 2015, 01:52:15 PM
Nice!! :thumb:  What region will you be running in?

He's in the MW region.
Jonathan
Daytona 675R
MW #113 AM