News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS (rainy) Roebling then Daytona

Started by SV88, March 02, 2015, 01:48:29 PM

SV88

Well I was stoked to fly out of O'Hare to Savanah this weekend but 40-50F deg in the rain....wtf???  I may blow it off and just ice ride instead.  Guess I can back out of my flight or maybe just bring rain tires...lol.

I'll make a decision closer to the time...

Stephen
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

SV88

So I bailed.  I was hoping Roebling would be a good warm up for Daytona but not in the cold wet rain.  Probably drive down to Daytona from Chicago.  I have room for a bike or stuff.  leaving Tues. evening.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

clarustnb

rain? cold? A racer fears not these things.
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

SV88

Aha fighting words.  I may not fear them but if there are no points involved then I'm not going to take the additional risk and incomfort.  My strategy was one more race weekend before Daytona.  A cold wet track will just tear up tires, waste race gas and be miserable.

clarustnb

If you knew me in the pits, you would find even more humor in my statement.  I am planning to drive down there and to poke my head out of the van.  Like a groundhog, if I see my shadow, I will roll the bike out.  If I don't see my shadow, I will roll the cooler out.  (:
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

hdpromos

Homestead follows Daytona and we guarantee warm sunny weather :thumb:

flyboy75

What are the rules for pre-entry? I'm already registered so, I'll be heading down....unless I can roll the fees towards another weekend

LWT Racer

If you ask them now, you should get credits for another weekend.  I've done it with zero issues.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

britx303

My First race win was in the rain. I dont mind it. Yes,sunny and 75F is great,but if you wait for that you will barely ever race....well around here anyways :biggrin:

MACOP1104

Not sure where you are seeing rain.  Friday is going to be crappy but 58 sunny on Saturday and 64 partly cloudy on Sunday

flyboy75

Forecast has been all over the place, literally changing hourly. I've decided I'm going regardless. Even if it's crap it'll be a good tune up for the Midwest season. It''s not likely to be a perfect 75 and sunny at the start of the season up here! Lol