Daytona 200

Started by supercarl, December 02, 2014, 07:47:34 AM

supercarl

Anyone have more info on the Daytona 200 this coming March? Will there be qualifying? Any specific type of fuel/tires? Or will it be normal ASRA sportbike rules? etc... Definitely want to race in it this year.
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

Xian_13

The press release states Friday Qualifying.

The rest I would assume, ASRA Sportbike rules...
So, open tires and open fuel.

I, as well... "Definitely want to race in it this year."

-X

CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

LWT Racer

Who wants to lend me a bike? :)
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

dpelt73

rulebook for daytona 200 is posted. looks like no spec fuel or tires as of now. It says ASRA can choose a spec tire or fuel up to 30 days before the event.

I'll be there that weekend for the ccs races. It'll be interesting to see what the schedule is for that since the daytona 200 is friday and saturday, right in the middle of the whole weekend.
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

SV88

I'm prepping to race it also..
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

SVbadguy

Quote from: dpelt73 on December 02, 2014, 08:25:36 PM
I'll be there that weekend for the ccs races. It'll be interesting to see what the schedule is for that since the daytona 200 is friday and saturday, right in the middle of the whole weekend.

Won't be any different than when the Team Challenge is run.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

LWT Racer

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

SVbadguy

Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Doxgon22

Apparently I'm one of the whinebags this idiot is referring to at the bottom of the article, but, where is there a race at ANY level that pays the amounts that he is talking about?  Does MotoGP pay out that much for their races?  As far as I'm concerned, drop the 115 per cent of the pole crap, and lets see  80 bikes on the track. 

tug296

The fool that wrote that blog is delusional, I guess he'd rather have no event and everyone just stay home and relax. Moto America dropped the ball, which means they didn't have much respect for the history of the event, even though recently the 200 has not been well taken care of, that's no reason to just let it whither away. It's a great thing that ASRA / CCS is going to sanction the event, I forsee a much better job being done than the previous body did.
Of course the purse should be doubled, tires and fuel should be riders decision as long as all meets the standard in the rulebook.
I hope new Moto America hasn't turned it's back on the speedway and many years of tradition.
Makes me want to lose 25 pounds, trade my 11 year old 430 pound RC-51 for a newer 355 pound 600.

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Xian_13

Quote from: Doxgon22 on December 03, 2014, 06:38:23 PM
  As far as I'm concerned, drop the 115 per cent of the pole crap, and lets see  80 bikes on the track. 

Based on last years best qualifying time (1:49.292), the 115% rule would let in anyone running 2:05.682.
That would allow 90% (Rough guess) of the 2014 ROC GTU field into the race... Expert or Amateur.

-X
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

vnvbandit

When last years west coast races were set up, (without DMG), Where was he bad mouthing them? NOT!
He is one of the biggest whiners out there!
Let it go and go racing!!!!!! :boink:
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick