Sponsor Listing

Started by dpelt73, November 24, 2014, 10:05:31 PM

dpelt73

Sorry for another thread, but it is a different topic.

On the sponsorship form it says only to list those sponsors that provide financial aid. Exactly what is considered financial aid?  does product discounts count, free product, or actual cash towards racing?  I know a lot of the companies that provide product discounts ask that you list them as a sponsor for results, but I'd rather "keep the value of sponsors that actually contribute" or however it says it on the form.

what's the general consensus here?
Danny #73 FL

www.facebook.com/chickenstrips
DP Brakes, Vortex, Shorai, Comet Leathers

Woofentino Pugrossi

Discounts, free goodies, cash, actual hands on help in the pits, etc all counts as "financial" to me. Wouldn't worry too much about it.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

HerbigCBR

Discounts, free product, technical/development support, or cash are all "financial aid" in my book. Listing a sponsor that you don't have a deal with or with one that actually doesnt support you only detracts value from other competitors who actually have a deal with that company IMO.
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

dpelt73

Ok just wanted to make sure.  I didn't know if listing a product discount took away value of those that give cash or money.
Danny #73 FL

ahastings

You have cash sponsors already and you are just starting out. I need your marketing plan. Ive been racing over 10 years and can count my cash sponsors ive had on one hand.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

LWT Racer

Quote from: ahastings on November 26, 2014, 03:15:46 PM
You have cash sponsors already and you are just starting out. I need your marketing plan.

Let me know his secrets. My bank account can't take much more of this.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

dpelt73

no cash sponsors. I have one free product sponsor and 3 discount sponsors.  I'm a bmw master tech at Hap's Cycle Sales in Sarasota florida and I have a lot of contact with customers.  I think that's the biggest selling point for me.  The discount sponsors are right at what my employee discount is.
Danny #73 FL

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Swiest on November 26, 2014, 03:18:01 PM
Let me know his secrets. My bank account can't take much more of this.

Start with a bigger bank account.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Gino230

I think it's great that you have sponsors and support. The best thing you can do for them is to try and represent them well. By this I mean, keep your bikes looking as good as you can, keep a professional looking pit area, be a good guy at the track to those around you. In other words, be as much of an "ambassador to the sport" as you can.

This will pay far more dividends in the end than you can imagine. People will view you as "professional" and that's worth alot. Of course, it helps to have some good results, too :)

Best of luck and welcome to the addiction!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!