News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Thanks For The Memories

Started by lsf, November 11, 2014, 11:42:06 AM

lsf

[img]

Hello Everyone,
As many of you know Lina and I retired from race officiating at the end of the season. We have worked corners and staff positions with CCS for the past 20 years. We have fond memories of the racing and the great people we've met and worked with. It is truly special to be part of something bigger than one's self and bond with others to provide a safe track for our racers.
We wish to say Thank You to the corners and staff for the retirement picture, plaque, quilt and trophies shown in the photo. One of the trophies from Grace Bruce is of a workers whistle, as you 'old timers' know, the whistle award is truly special and greatly appreciated. The excellent checkered flag quilt is from our good friend Jan Bloom. Also shown is the signed poster and plaque from the corners and trophy and signed picture from the staff. Not shown is the picture of Scruff and Puff accompanied by Jack and Jan.  Thanks to Sandy, Dave and the Blackhawk Farms medical staff for the cake. Our final race weekend was very enjoyable.
For your information, the Race Control duties for Midwest CCS have been assumed by Mark Bernard. Mark is a former Harley and Buell racer who has been around the track for many years. Mark can be contacted via Facebook. Megan trained this year to be the assistant starter.
Thanks for the fond memories and remember to play safe.
David and Lina Fanning
David and Lina
Retired Race Control and
Assistant Starter

Woofentino Pugrossi

Thank you Dave and Lina. Was great working with you guys also when I wasn't racing. We'll miss you guys and hope you pop in for visits once in a while here and hopefully stop by BHF for the races whenever. Enjoy your "retirement" and remember you have an extended "family" here at the Midwest region.

Oh BTW will have white plates for 2015.  :biggrin: Scary isn't it? :lmao: Only took how many YEARS.  :lmao:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Mark Bernard

Thank you David and Lina for your years of dedication and excellence that you have brought to our sport! We love you and wish you both the very best in your new adventures! We will certainly miss you and Lina at the track! And a special thank you David for all your knowledge and expertise during my training... Your knowledge base has been invaluable to me! I have some big shoes to fill and I hope to make you and Bill proud!
Mark Bernard
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region