News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Video of Jennings

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 09, 2003, 11:39:45 AM

MightyDuc Racing

This is a video clip taken by my wife with our digital camera.  It isn't a perfect picture, but you can see what a great holeshot I got and how big of a lead I stretched heading down the back straight before I started oiling the rear tire...lol.  It's 5.88 MB.  Man V-Twins sound good, and you can hear mine just barely over the SV's making that sweet Ducati music that keeps me fixing this thing!  http://mightyducracing.com/vidsandsounds.html
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

corien

what kind of bikes are entered in lw gp? i didn't know a 944 was allowed in that.

corien

corien

no need to answer.
looked it up:
Twin cylinder, air cooled, up to 1000cc

MightyDuc Racing

Scuba Steve got a great start from row 2 also on the bright orange bike.  I think Mills is on the inside in 2nd or 3rd...hard to tell cuz his bike's black.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

oldguy

Da*n, Duc, that was too cool. I NEED to ride that track. My kid is there for his first race day this Sunday.
You sure scooped 'em on the start. Very nice job. I hope my first year is half a s good as yours (without the blowing up part  ;D)

dave333

Nice job.  Looks like Jennings will favor a better left turning rider, except for the carousel leading onto the SHORT front straight...

MightyDuc Racing

Thanks guys.  You definitely need to go there if you haven't already!  What a beautiful track.  I completely wore out the left knee puck, and the right has at least 1/2 left...lol.  Lots of lefts, and man is turn 2 fun dragging your knee wide open in 4th or 5th (I had to short shift there).
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

dave333

Is the front straight as short as it looks or can you get WFO 6th?

MightyDuc Racing

Nah...top of 5th gear, then quick brake and one downshift into T1.  Gotta go into 1 really hot and scrub speed off as you get to the apex.  The longest part is the back straight after T1.  You can go through 2 WFO (unless ur on a 1000) and then it's the top of 5th or middle of 6th again before T3-4-5.  Great track, a real rider's place.  HP doesn't mean that much there.  Melk-Man does really well there in the HWT classes on his 600.  What a blast!!!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

mmills416

Holy cow did I didn't know how much time I lost when I missed second! :-[, It least I caught you by the end of the straight. ;D  Actully Matt or Steve was in second I remember thinking his bike was poping on the upshiftes and I remembered Werner's bike does the same thing.  Funny what was going through my head as I was going 120 through turn 2.  I thought either his bikes lean of he got and electric shifter.  You can see the flame and hear the pop on the video.

MightyDuc Racing

I wondered what that was...lol.  I didn't know you missed a shift! :o  I really wish I hadn't had my little probs that race, I think it woulda been a real battle the rest of the way.  My rear tire was pretty well shagged, even without the oil...lol.  That was really the first time I was able to follow you the whole weekend and after what happened in the first race, I woulda just followed and learned till the last lap probably, then tried to take a shot at ya.  I just wonder if you guys coulda caught me after that jump I got if I hadn't been sliding all over the place in the left-handers.  Oh, well...I'll get a win some day. :)  Can't wait till Moroso...I think we're gonna have a lot of fun there!  By the way Mike, you interested in teaming up for a WERA endurance race anytime soon?  We could use my bike, but we'd have to stop for gas every 30 minutes and repairs every hour...lol.  Your's would probably be a better bet. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

mmills416

I'm working on a second SV for a spare bike, If I can get that worked out I would be up for it.

MightyDuc Racing

Sweet...let me know.  I'm riding the team challenge in October on Butch Verdecchia's 748 with him and his son David.  David was one of the really fast AM and EX MW riders in FL the last few years.  He quit this year cuz of a new baby coming.  Should be fun for sure.  I hope the 748 makes it 200 miles...it should.  I rode it on a hard street ride a few weeks ago...sweet bike!  You planning on doing the TC with anybody this year?  Brian Shaw told me it was a blast.  If I don't ride with them in March, maybe we can hook up then for sure. :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

mmills416

Eric Gray and I are talking about doing the TC on my SV.  I'm working on getting all the spares I'd need in case anything happened.  The ROC's alot more important to me.  If I cant get at least a spare motor and fork tubes I won't do it.  I'd rather do it with a spare bike.  I may have a serious ringer up my sleve as well.  Well see how things shake out.

ScubaSteve

Mikes got more important things on his mind. like  watching out for us cming for him!!! ;D Ive also been thinking on doing a endurance thing Or TC.
Steve

CCS FL