Suspension for 99 gixr750 (track oriented)

Started by vince maneha, May 20, 2002, 04:53:25 PM

vince maneha

I want to run slicks at my next track day (Thunderhill in CA). It was suggested that I make sure my susp. is as close to "correct" as I can get it before going to slicks. Right now I feel it's good (real good) were it's at now (no unevenness, packing in, chatter, vagueness at speed etc). I'm on p/sports and like them but at the last track day slid wayyyyyy more than I ever have. It was the second day (not consecutive) I had them on the track and conditions were the same as before (85ambient/95+ track temp) but I got alot of wear on the sides (especially the left) and of course noticed it breaking loose more. Anyway, any help/comments are appreciated
vince :D

Jupiter8racing

Go ahead and ride a couple sessions with the slicks before making any changes. DOTs these days have a similar carcass to slicks so your geometry won't change much. Once you have a couple sessions on them you'll get an idea of where your settings should be. Who knows maybe you won't need to change anything. Remember keep a record of adjustments. Also, change one thing at a time rebound, preload, ride-height etc.
Good luck