News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2015 Schedule

Started by jfboothe, October 08, 2014, 02:03:31 PM

SVbadguy

CCS went to Barber from '03 to '09.  Turnout dropped every year. 

My first time was in' 04. Huge turnout. http://www.ccsracing.us/x/results/2004/081504-barberccs.htm

But it's a really long drive for most.  12 hours for me in middle of the Mid-Atlantic. And the rising cost of gas+recession in those final years wasn't helping.

tug296

Although the AHRMA folks had a great turnout at Barber and over 63,000 paid  spectators.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

apriliaman

Yep 44 in GT Lights in 2004!! i was there in 2006 and there was like 35 then by 2009 only 6 bikes.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Gino230

AHRMA has so many people that want to race Barber that they won't accept your entry unless you've raced with them elsewhere that season.

Definitely going there next season with them.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

MACOP1104

Everyone must be drunk at the ahrma weekend.   The laptimes are slowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Gino230

Quote from: MACOP1104 on October 30, 2014, 02:57:22 PM
Everyone must be drunk at the ahrma weekend.   The laptimes are slowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Have you seen the bikes???

I was watching one race at Daytona and I swear I thought it was the Harley parade lap.

PS They do have free beer during the awards presentation after the races. Kinda neat hearing "the bar is open!" over the PA.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

LWT Racer

Quote from: Gino230 on October 30, 2014, 09:52:19 PM

I was watching one race at Daytona and I swear I thought it was the Harley parade lap.

PS They do have free beer during the awards presentation after the races. Kinda neat hearing "the bar is open!" over the PA.

Gotta spell it out for you...  :)

He's talking about all you FL guys on your Ducati's.  Slow as hell at Barber.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Gino230

I can't say, I wasn't there. Maybe you should come out for AHRMA so we can settle this discussion once and for all? But then again, it will just be me "cheating" on my big bore Duc Hybrid, right?  :whine:

In all seriousness, I have never been but I am aware that Barber is a very technical track, and not easy to learn.

And I do get the inference (however tiring it may be) that the WERA championship is so much more "real" because it's at Barber and not Daytona. So I guess that's why at the GNF there is only half the # of riders in the MW fields? And all those AMA regulars I raced against at Daytona must have just been going for an easy win, right? Pinning it around the banking is all?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23

LWT Racer

Sv's don't win at Daytona, no chance with big ducs.  But at barber, if you look at lap times. SV can win.  Xaiver Zayat with a 1:33.6, stock bore SV650.  Mavros, 1:45 on his 800, 1:38 on his 848.  Peulo was 1:48ish on his 1170rs.  So Please try and back up Daytona and how it's not pin it to win it (in light weight classes) when the guys that do very well on those all FL pin it, poin and shoot tracks can't do shit at Barber? 

There are other who will do well where ever, like Melka.  Obviously the guy can flat out ride anything, putting him on that duc depot 1100 hybrid is just insane combination and very fun to watch. 
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

LWT Racer

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

MACOP1104

Quote from: Gino230 on October 30, 2014, 09:52:19 PM

I'm not clear on the AHRMA class rules, I just looked at the lap times of known riders and the machines they were on.   I'm assuming some of it had to do with the more relaxed atmosphere of Ahrma racing, but that is pure speculation on my part.   

Xavier's performance certainly threw off the bell shaped curve.   But even after removing Xavier from the equation, there is a huge difference in lap times between the AHRMA and WERA weekend.  During the WEERA GNF, over 1/2 the field in lwtss were running sub 40 lap times with the majority running in the 38s on 75ish hp SV650s.  Robby McClendon (a very talented and fast rider) won an AHRMA race doing 40s.   At the WERA weekend on the same SV, he got down to 35s and that got him a 3rd place in F2.

No doubt Barber is a very technical and challenging track.   It is a track that favors rider's talent over HP.   Perfect!

Gino230

Quote from: Swiest on October 31, 2014, 10:38:33 AM
Mavros, 1:45 on his 800, 1:38 on his 848.  Peulo was 1:48ish on his 1170rs.  So Please try and back up Daytona and how it's not pin it to win it (in light weight classes) when the guys that do very well on those all FL pin it, poin and shoot tracks can't do shit at Barber? 

Puleo has never won anything at Daytona to my knowledge, (except last year when we co-rode to second in the TC) so how is comparing the 12th place rider to your local ringer apples to apples? Yes Mavros is a winner, against guys like Ricky Orlando, John Gaelefke, etc at Daytona. They were also on fast bikes.

I submit that Pony (Rodolpho Ramirez), or Silva could have been top 3 on an SV at Barber too?

Sure, the Ducs have an advantage at Daytona. I won't argue that one bit.

But to say that the GNF is a better judge of talent is horse sh*t and you know it. The fastest guys are going to win, period. By the way, I didn't see your name on any of those results so what exactly are we debating here?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23