News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2015 RULES

Started by MACOP1104, September 30, 2014, 07:57:32 AM

Gino230

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on October 07, 2014, 06:46:21 PM
This just in: CCS to place the new Kawasaki H2 in Lightweight Supersport. No complaining allowed. If your bike isn't fast enough, buy a new one.

Yeah! Turbocharging, BABY!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

2blueYam

On the H2, I would think that they should open up section 5 so someone can run it in Unlim GP and maybe GTO, with a stock supercharger only of course.

In case you are wondering why it is not legal now:

5.2.21 Supercharging is not allowed. Turbo charging is allowed only if the
original equipment system is used
R1 for Track, FZ1 for Street

sdiver68

Change the helmet rules as follows:

Undamaged full-face helmet with face shield and bearing a stamp of approval from one of the following international standards:
1. Snell M2010 or M2015
2. BS. 6658 TYPE. A (GREAT - BRITAIN)
4. ECE 22 - 05 "P" (EUROPE)
5. JIS 8133:2007 (JAPAN)

Reason:
This change eliminates Snell 2005, ECE 22.04 and JIS 8133:2000 which are all very outdated standards and should not affect any current helmets being used.  It also paves the way for Snell M2015 when those helmets are released soon.

Change the forced induction rules as follows:

Forced induction (supercharger or turbocharger) is allowed only if the original equipment system is used.
1. Use of forced induction will bump the eligible race class to the next level.  For instance, an OEM Turbo 650 Twin would be bumped to MW.
2. Nitrous Oxide systems are strictly prohibited in all classes.

Reason:
Manufacturers are showing renewed interest in forced induction.  This rule allows for OEM supercharger and pushes any smaller forced induction bike up a class.
MCRA Race School Instructor

sdiver68

Quote from: Gino230 on October 07, 2014, 05:26:14 PM
I'm parking the LW bike for a while, just because after 15 years I need something different....a new challenge, and I think the MW class will provide that. So far it has proved to be true and I hope if I return to the LW class, I will come back with some new skills. We'll see....

Same here.  Racing up this year has forced me to improve my riding skills, with MCRA I agreed to run my 565 in GT which is equivalent to CCS GTO :-)

bruce71198

Quote from: 2blueYam on October 08, 2014, 08:04:02 AM
On the H2, I would think that they should open up section 5 so someone can run it in Unlim GP and maybe GTO, with a stock supercharger only of course.

In case you are wondering why it is not legal now:

5.2.21 Supercharging is not allowed. Turbo charging is allowed only if the
original equipment system is used

Odd that you can run a turbo (which is technically a super charger) but not a super charger.

ahastings

Quote from: MAZZ77X on September 30, 2014, 07:31:41 PM
Not to mention sprint racers can now partake in endurance and still be fresh for Sundays remaining sprints........

Moving endurance races to last event of Saturday is a must. Not a substantial downside I could imagine.... :cheers:
very good points. would be a win win for ccs and the racers. More teams would enter endurance and there would be more sprint entries on Sunday. I know several racers including myself that didnt sign up for sprints on Sunday that were late after the endurance because of the long wait then a long drive home, and others that wouldnt do endurance because they had sprints right after it.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

SVbadguy

Quote from: bruce71198 on October 10, 2014, 11:58:44 AM
Odd that you can run a turbo (which is technically a super charger) but not a super charger.

The rule was probably written the way it is because there had never been such a thing as a bike with an OEM supercharger, only turbos.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: bruce71198 on October 10, 2014, 11:58:44 AM

But unlike a supercharger, you cant change the max psi boost on a turbo without some rather $$$ and obvious changes.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

bruce71198

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on October 10, 2014, 09:32:34 PM
But unlike a supercharger, you cant change the max psi boost on a turbo without some rather $$$ and obvious changes.

I can't put an exact dollar figure on lifting the hood and pulling the vacuum hose off the waste gate on my turbo but I assure you it's not $$$...

sdiver68

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on October 10, 2014, 09:32:34 PM

Depends, my 335i had a built in 2 psi over boost to compensate for altitude.  A simple change to the software enabled that 2 psi at sea level :)

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: bruce71198 on October 10, 2014, 10:12:04 PM
I can't put an exact dollar figure on lifting the hood and pulling the vacuum hose off the waste gate on my turbo but I assure you it's not $$$...

I could on my Shelby CSX also. No way in hell I would let my CSX run above 24psi even on the heavily modified 2.2L. Usually kept it around 22psi. Yeah pulling the vacuum line on it and letting the boost run amuck could had cost me easily $4K+ (early 90's dollars) when the motor detonated.

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Capitalview

What about upping ULTB CC limits to 321cc for inline twins for the Yamaha R3 or 374cc for singles for the KTM RC390